allmenarebastards.com - International Bookray!

by Allison Rushby | Women's Fiction |
Registered by kuju of -- Somewhere in London 🤷‍♀️ , Greater London United Kingdom on 12/5/2003
Journal Entry 1 by kuju from -- Somewhere in London 🤷‍♀️ , Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, December 5, 2003
"It's Friday night, time for Gemma and Sarah's weekly cocktails - and another time-honoured ritual. Yep, Sarah's been dumped again and tradition demands they mark the occasion by adding the offender to their 'bastard list'. Started to warn female friends about potential 'bastards', the list has grown to twenty yellowed, ripped and chocolate-stained pages of men who've done them wrong - and despite all the sticky tape, it's falling apart. In a flash of inspiration, Sarah suggests that they preserve the list for all eternity, by adding it to Gemma's homepage."

I came across the bookcrossing shelf of the author of this book and went to her website. I read the first chapter available at http://www.allisonrushby.com and thought it sounded like a good read! I pm'd the author and suggested that she should release it into the wild. She has kindly released her book to me which I am setting up as a bookray. If you would like to join, send me a pm!

The list so far:
eriko1908 - Minnesota, USA (Ship to USA)
kalipriestess - Florida, USA (Ship to USA)
Meshe - Georgia, USA (Ship Int'l)
adrienne10 - Nebraska, USA (Ship Int'l)
Neena11 - Saskatchewan, Canada (Ship Int'l)
WarEagle78 - Alabama, USA (Ship Int'l)
Sharalsbooks - Texas, USA (Ship USA)
Nutmeg71 - New York, USA (Ship Int'l)
CrazyGrace - Minnesota,USA (Ship to USA)
arugh48187 - Minnesota, USA (Ship to USA)
andreweb - Sao Paulo, Brazil (Ship to Int'l)
LittleMoo - England, UK
kiya7 - Oregon, USA
...

You know the drill:
1. Send me a message if you would like to sign up to this Bookray.
2. The person above you on the list will send you a message requesting your mailing address when they are finished reading the book.
3. Make a journal entry when you receive the book to let us know you got it.
4. Make another journal entry when you finish the book to let us know what you thought.
5. Send a message to the person after you on the bookray list and request their mailing address. If the person doesn't answer within 7 days, please PM the one after, and then me.
6. Send the book on its way!

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 2 by arugh48187 from Highland Park, Illinois USA on Monday, December 22, 2003
Received in my mailbox today. I have a few bookrays in front of it, but will get to it soon.

Released on Thursday, January 29, 2004 at Post Office at 153rd and Garrett in Apple Valley, Minnesota Controlled Releases.

I am sending this out to the next person on the list without reading it. I am off to India in a week or so and don't think it should have to sit in my house until I get back in March. Perhaps it will pay another visit when it gets closer to the end of its journey.

Kuju, don't forget to move me down to the bottom of the list. I still really want to read this one. Thanks.

Journal Entry 4 by rem_ZWU-580656 on Monday, February 2, 2004
This Ray came in the mail this morning...will start it later today, and get it on it's way again very soon!! :o) Looks good!!

Journal Entry 5 by rem_ZWU-580656 on Thursday, February 5, 2004
I LOVED THIS ONE!! Okay, enough yelling there...this book was great!! Very cute, very fun, very real. I believe that as women we have all been at this place in our lives at one time or another, the trick is trying not to stay in this place too long!! The portrayal of Gemma's long walk out of the dark is very realistically portrayed...Imogene is hilarious, and Chris makes a wonderful PA!! I plan to do some searching in order to discover more books by this author...if no others are written yet, I plan to keep my eyes open!! Well worth the short time spend reading this one!! Hope everybody else enjoys too!

I will be mailing this one out tomorrow morning via Media Mail to kalipriestess in FL.

Journal Entry 6 by kalipriestess from Tallahassee, Florida USA on Wednesday, February 11, 2004
Received yesterday and I've already read almost half of it! Definitely an easy read and a cute idea. Even though I haven't finished it yet I'm rating it an 8 so far for "sucking me in" so quickly. Definitely chick lit and a good first novel, but not very original in theme. Still lots of fun and haven't we all been there?? I'll write more once I've finished it.