The Family of Stories

by Anita Moss & Jon C. Story | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingherchellewing of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 3/9/2013
Journal Entry 1 by wingherchellewing from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, March 9, 2013
This was another one of my ECD textbooks! It is an amazing collection of Folktales, Hero Tales, Myths, Literary Folk Tales, Hero tales and Myths.
I have been holding on to this collection and I am ready to share it BUT I do want it back after it has made the rounds. Please do not wild release this!
ENJOY!

Journal Entry 2 by wingherchellewing at Joshua Tree Café, Edmonton Trail in Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, March 9, 2013

Released 11 yrs ago (3/9/2013 UTC) at Joshua Tree Café, Edmonton Trail in Calgary, Alberta Canada

Releasing this to the group for the Folktales theme.
Enjoy

Journal Entry 3 by Crataegus at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, March 10, 2013
If I didn't have enough to read this month, I do now!! Picked up at the March 2013 Calgary bookcrossing meet up.

Looking forward to the read!

Journal Entry 4 by Crataegus at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, December 13, 2014
Been sitting on this book for over a year and a half. Figured it was time to pass it along. It's pretty cool how it defined story structure and how it has stories from all times and places.

So many stories, not enough time to sit down and read them all.

Bringing to today's Calgary BookCrossing meeting and handing off hopefully.

Journal Entry 5 by megami-no-ushi at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, December 13, 2014
Picked up at the December meeting!

Journal Entry 6 by megami-no-ushi at Cravings Market Restaurant in Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 13, 2015

Released 9 yrs ago (6/13/2015 UTC) at Cravings Market Restaurant in Calgary, Alberta Canada

returning to the June meeting. I'm glad to have had the chance to read some tales I'd heard much of and had inspired many stories I like, but hadn't yet read, like Goblin Market.

To the finder:

Journal Entry 7 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, June 15, 2015
Picked up at get together

Journal Entry 8 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 20, 2019
Took me two year and two months to make my way through it, but I finally made it!

It's nice to have a collection of short, children's story on hand. I'm not sure I can pick out any favourites, but it was nice to see ones I recognized and also new ones. There was one story I had found disturbing in a different anthology that came to me through bookcrossing, but this book gave me a different non-disturbing perspective on it - so that was a pleasant surprise. It can be nice to revisit stories sometimes.

Thanks for the interesting collection of stories!

Journal Entry 9 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, August 10, 2019

Released 4 yrs ago (8/10/2019 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking to get together

Journal Entry 10 by reveredchicken at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, August 17, 2019
Caught this book at the monthly Book Crossing meeting at Cravings Market Restaurant.

Journal Entry 11 by reveredchicken at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Released 7 mos ago (11/22/2023 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Returning to Calgary BookCrossing group

Journal Entry 12 by Crossing-Guard at Langdon, Alberta Canada on Thursday, December 28, 2023
Got these from a BookCrosser to return to circulation. I am sorting the books and either passing directly to a Calgary member who has requested it or returning it to the person who introduced it to the group. Hopefully this one will find a new reader soon!

Released 1 mo ago (6/13/2024 UTC) at 1 of the Lil Lib.s NW/NE ( Happy Hunting! ) in Calgary, Alberta Canada

I came to this LFL to catch a recently released book, but it was gone, so I’m wild releasing a few of my old books for new readers.
Little Free Library - 904 - 19 St NE, Calgary,
Welcome to Bookcrossing! The book you are holding is now yours - no strings attached. To let me know it has found a new owner and that it will be enjoyed by a new reader, please consider leaving a message by leaving an entry on this book. You do not need an account to leave a message, however if you consider signing up, you can find out where this book goes and who enjoys it after you.