From Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland
Joined Sunday, September 17, 2006
Recent Book Activity
14 solmua Greenwichiin
Pää pystyyn, Leena
Hope Nicely's Lessons for Life
Suomen parhaat vitsit 2003
Suomen parhaat vitsit 2006
Eniten vituttaa elämä
Jeeves Takes Charge
Palm Beach Finland
Romantiikkaa ja rokokoota
Frugal Living - When Less Means More
|4 weeks||all time|
|released in the wild||5||991|
|controlled releases caught||6||570|
|new member referrals||0||4|
I am middle-aged psychiatric nurse, married, and two grown-up kids already away from home, a grandmother to a girl born 5/21 ... and I love books!
I love cozy mysteries, travel stories and books about food (especially food-related memoirs and such) and modern writers like Anne Tyler, Paul Auster, Julia Glass etc, but I also love a good classic!
I read both in Finnish and English.
If you look at my BC-bookshelves, they don't tell you the whole truth, I have plenty of books that are not registered in BC. Like books from my favourite authors, that I like to keep.
Most of the books in my wishlist are in English, but I would be as happy to get the same book in Finnish :) I update my wishlist very often.
I am trying to declutter my house, so it is pretty hard to think about other wishes, but here's some:
* my biggest wish is wishlist-book, and also books about food (especially food-related memoirs, not so much cookbooks as such) I read both in Finnish and English.
* CHOCOLATE , especially unusual taste or chocolates with filling (rather than plain) like chocolate with pineapple or Irish cream truffle or Fry's Turkish Delight! And I like more milk chocolate than dark, but anything is good!
* I love the combination of sweet and savory, like chocolate covered prezels or something like that.
* I also love to try new food, cookies, drinks, spices etc. I love stuff with wasabi, watermelon or ginger! And hot chocolate!
* Notebooks, nice good pens and pencils, decorative tapes, bujo stickers. I have a bit sarcastic, dark sense of humor, so stickers suitable for it are great!
* woollen or cotton socks, size 40 / 6 uk/8,5 us
* bookplates in English or Finnish
* candles, scented or not, doesn't matter!
* I don't usually wear make-up, but I love nail-polishes!
* wings for a month, if I've been without for a while
* a magazine in English (can be used) about cooking, decorating, generally women/home-kind of themes. Not gossip-, music-,movies- or fashion (they are not my cup of tea).
* I love to do 1000-piece jigsaw puzzles too!
* Anywhere Travel Guide: 75 Cards for Discovering the Unexpected, Wherever Your Journey Leads (can be used!)
* Recycled and second-hand items are defenitively big YES!
" Book A Day Keeps Housework Away! "
BOOKS I'VE READ 2023
1. Here I Am / Jonathan Safran Foer
2. Death of a Sunday Writer / Eric Wright
3. Paperijoutsen / Anna-Kaisa Linna-Aho
4. Unien järvi / Kim Edwards
5. Knit One, Kill Two / Maggie Sefton
6. Frugal Living - When Less Means More / Fhilcar Faunillan
7. Where Old Bones Lie / Ann Granger
8. Lumen uhrit / Viveca Sten
9. Pillerinpyörittäjä / Katariina Souri
10. Seitsemän talvista päivää / Maeve Binchy
11. Bookcrossing Through Middle Earth / Skyring
12. Ruska / Christian Rönnbacka
13. The Importance of Being Ernestine / Dorothy Cannell
14. Transient Desires / Donna Leon
15. Hope Nicely's Lessons for Life / Caroline Day
16. Pahanneuvon vuori / Amos Oz
17. The Winter Guest / Pam Jenoff
18. Joustava mieli /Arto Pietikäinen
19. Putoamistemppu / Craig Ferguson
20. Did You See Melody? / Sophie Hannah
21. Cutwork / Monica Ferris
22. Crewel Yule / Monica Ferris