The Almond Blossom Appreciation Society

by Chris Stewart | Travel | This book has not been rated.
Registered by abigailann of Wallingford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on 2/27/2011
Journal Entry 1 by abigailann from Wallingford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, February 27, 2011

Passed on to me by my parents

"The Almond Blossom Appreciation Society finds Chris and his family still living ontheir farm, El Valero- but life there never stands still. You will find yourself laughing out loud as Chris is instructed by his daughter on local teenage mores; bluffs his way as an art history guide to millionaire Bostonians; is rescued off a snowy peak by the Guardia Civil; and joins an Almond Blossom Appreciation Society. You'll cringe as he tries his hand at office work in an immigrants' advice centre in Granada. And you'll never see olive oil in quite the same way again"

Sequel to 'A Parrot in the Pepper Tree'

Journal Entry 2 by abigailann at Kinecroft in Wallingford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Friday, January 3, 2020

Released 1 yr ago (1/3/2020 UTC) at Kinecroft in Wallingford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

Welcome to BookCrossing!

If you have found this book, welcome to bookcrossing and thank you for taking the time to let us know about its journey.

Please make a journal entry to let me know that this book has been caught so I know that it has found a good home with you. If you are new to BookCrossing, when you join please indicate that you were referred by abigailann. (You can make a journal entry anonymously if you don't want to join.) I hope that you enjoy the book. You can make another journal entry with your comments when you are done reading.

Then, whenever you are ready to send it on its way, make a release note if. Then watch its journey. You’ll be alerted by e-mail each time someone makes another journal entry. And it’s confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free.

Feel free to enjoy the book and pass it along to a friend, neighbour, family member or co-worker. Or simply leave it somewhere for another lucky reader to enjoy as you did!

This book not your type of read? That's ok, don't feel obliged to read it - just be kind enough to help it on its journey.

I hope that you will enjoy the BookCrossing experience!