The Grapes of Wrath

by John Steinbeck | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by jmg49 of Woodstock, Ontario Canada on 9/6/2003
Journal Entry 1 by jmg49 from Woodstock, Ontario Canada on Saturday, September 6, 2003
I read this a long time ago when I was in high school.

The Merriam-Webster Encyclopedia of Literature
Novel by John Steinbeck, published in 1939. Set during the Great Depression, it traces the migration of an Oklahoma Dust Bowl family to California and their subsequent hardships as migrant farm workers. It won a Pulitzer Prize in 1940. The work did much to publicize the injustices of migrant labor. The narrative, interrupted by prose-poem interludes, chronicles the struggles of the Joad family's life on a failing Oklahoma farm, their difficult journey to California, and their disillusionment once they arrive there and fall prey to a parasitic economic system. The insularity of the Joads--Ma's obsession with family togetherness, son Tom's self-centeredness, and daughter Rose of Sharon's materialism--ultimately gives way to a sense of universal community.

I have started a Bookray for "The Grapes Of Wrath".
This is not the final order.
So far these bookcrossers have joined:

wavewatcher2004 Fort Walton Beach, Florida USA

kalahari Lisboa, Lisboa Portugal
Clawdia Barcelona, Catalunya Spain
soxy01 Aberdare, Wales United Kingdom
DianeO Chesterfield, Derbyshire United Kingdom

Above is the current order of the bookray. It is still open to new members.
Before each person is ready to send the book on, he or she should send the next person on the list a pm asking for their address.

Journal Entry 2 by jmg49 from Woodstock, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, September 23, 2003
I will mail this book to wavewatcher2004 on Thursday.

Journal Entry 3 by jmg49 at Controlled Release in Woodstock, Ontario Canada on Thursday, September 25, 2003
Released on Thursday, September 25, 2003 at Bookray By Mail in Woodstock, Ontario Canada.

Mailed today to Florida to start the bookray.

Journal Entry 4 by wavewatcher2004 from Fort Walton Beach, Florida USA on Friday, October 24, 2003
Thank you so much for the book. I can't wait to sink my teeth into this one and then pass it along.