The Magic Cup (Tor Fantasy)

by Andrew M. Greeley | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by wingminesaynwing of Huron, Ohio USA on 12/7/2010
Journal Entry 1 by wingminesaynwing from Huron, Ohio USA on Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Picked up from the Huron Library Book cart. I love reading Andrew Greeley especially his fantasy novels.

Journal Entry 2 by wingminesaynwing at Lexington, South Carolina USA on Monday, November 20, 2017

Released 4 yrs ago (11/20/2017 UTC) at Lexington, South Carolina USA

"No two persons ever read the same book."--Edmund Wilson

Sharing this book with the wider world--enjoy!
I have either registered it, or received it from another person who is willing to share it, too. Consider logging onto www.bookcrossing.com and letting us know where it is been and where it is going next. It can be done anonymously or join the site as a member.

Your choice in the "You Picked It From My TBR" rabck. I hope you enjoy this fantasy novel (Greeley's first novel by the way) of the Grail legend from an Irish point of view.

Journal Entry 3 by wingjosieriverswing at Leesville, South Carolina USA on Sunday, December 10, 2017
This book arrived several weeks ago (I'm so slack) along with another book, a christmas card and some other goodies. Thank you.

Journal Entry 4 by wingminesaynwing at Huron, Ohio USA on Friday, January 5, 2018
The debut novel of this prolific writer, this story is the grail legend told from an Irish point of view.

Cormac McDermot is to be king after his father, the ailing doddering man who is bewitched by the evil Finnabair. But first he must find the grail cup, the magic cup, with only his wits, his faithful dog, Podragic, and his bondwoman (slave) Brigid, who has made an enemy of the queen-witch.

Adventures abound, and magic is afoot as Cormac, the High King, fights to find the magic princess and the magic cup. Will he survive to find the cup, or will Finnabair destroy the kingdom of Ireland?
Who is the magic princess?

A love story with a twist.

A couple of quotes worth remembering:
"Waiting is praying." (found throughout the novel, mostly uttered by Brigid)
"Mercy is harder than hatred." (p. 232)
Read a library copy...but still in josierivers' possession

Journal Entry 5 by wingjosieriverswing at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Released 4 mos ago (7/29/2021 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Box of treats just for you
To the finder of this book:

Welcome to BookCrossing, a unique community of book lovers, sharing their libraries with the world. You have in your hands a free gift. This book is yours to do with as you wish...read it, share it, keep it, pass it on. The best book is a shared book.

The BookCrossing ID, which you entered in the "Enter a BCID" box on the website, is unique to this copy of this book. If you make a journal entry (either anonymously, or as a BookCrossing member) all previous readers of this actual book will be notified by email, and can follow the book as it travels around from reader to reader.

BookCrossing is free to join, completely confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and a great deal of fun. If you choose to join please consider using me, Josierivers or Southernfryed as your referring member.

Happy Readings!

Journal Entry 6 by wingjosieriverswing at Leesville, South Carolina USA on Friday, August 13, 2021
Well this went along with several others including 3 series in a box I was sending to bookdrunkard. Box was taken from the mailbox by 2 dudes in a UHaul pickup truck and I just confirmed today that it was not my Friday Mailman that took it.... I'm heartbroken..... don't even know what status to choose so I will leave in travelling