The Handmaid's Tale

by Margaret Atwood | Science Fiction & Fantasy | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 038549081x Global Overview for this book
Registered by flewry of Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on 12/2/2010
Journal Entry 1 by flewry from Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on Thursday, December 2, 2010
I thought this was great! Loved the slow and contemplative writing. I thought the author did a wonderful job of fully sketching out a very strange world, with relatively few words.

I do think a lot of the reviews I've seen take it much too seriously. Great book, fascinating story, but in no way do I think this is what's in store for us "if we're not careful."

Journal Entry 2 by flewry at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Sunday, January 23, 2011

Released 10 yrs ago (1/23/2011 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Traveling in the 1001 Bookbox

Journal Entry 3 by kiyoteefoxx at Littlestown, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Good book, but like flewry said, there's no way this is whats in store for 'us'. Yes, I know there's religions and sects in America that keep their female followers as no more than breeders but there are too many women who have sense and a voice for this to happen here. At least in my lifetime... or my daughters....

I just had to add my opinion ;)

Journal Entry 4 by k00kaburra at San Jose, California USA on Saturday, August 13, 2011
Pulled this one from the bookbox to read.