Birdsong

by Sebastian Faulks | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by kangaroo of Barnet, Greater London United Kingdom on 7/26/2003
Journal Entry 1 by kangaroo from Barnet, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, July 26, 2003
Good book. Ended up with two copies of it somehow though..

This copy will go out in the post tomorrow (01/08/03) to talkland.

Journal Entry 2 by talkland from Eastbourne, East Sussex United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 20, 2003
This was sent in exchange of another book, which for the life of me I can't remember. Thank you Kangaroo, and for the postcard too! I am a poet and didn't know it! Better stop, or y'all end up reading a lot of rot!!! Hee hee!

Journal Entry 3 by talkland from Eastbourne, East Sussex United Kingdom on Thursday, May 13, 2004
'Birdsong' is told from Stephen's viewpoint, a soldier in the first world war. We get an insight into what it was like to be on the front line in the trenches of the Great War and the sights, the smells, the sounds and the emotions. The book isn't just a "period drama" but an extremely interesting, very moving and very cleverly written novel. I would recommend this book to everyone.

Journal Entry 4 by talkland at on Thursday, May 13, 2004
Released on Thursday, May 13, 2004 at the MIND charity shop in Grove Road in Eastbourne, England United Kingdom.