Mrs. 'Arris Goes to Paris

by Paul Gallico | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by TinaJean of Talala, Oklahoma USA on 9/26/2010
Journal Entry 1 by TinaJean from Talala, Oklahoma USA on Sunday, September 26, 2010
I bought this book for the "1001 Books to Read Before You Die" list. This is one of the few times that the movie is better than the book.

Journal Entry 2 by TinaJean at by mail, A swap -- Controlled Releases on Monday, January 24, 2011

Released 11 yrs ago (1/24/2011 UTC) at by mail, A swap -- Controlled Releases

This book is off to Ciloma. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by ciloma at Spirit Lake, Idaho USA on Thursday, January 27, 2011
January 27, 2011 This came in the mail today. Thanx a bunch!
January 16, 2020 Such a great story!!! I absolutely loved this book. Terribly stunned towards the end, though. I hope we all have a Mrs. 'Arris in our lives and that we show them our appreciation and gratitude! Now I will have to find the movie to watch as a previous comment says the movie is better than the book!

Journal Entry 4 by ciloma at Spirit Lake, Idaho USA on Friday, August 14, 2020

Released 1 yr ago (8/17/2020 UTC) at Spirit Lake, Idaho USA

On its way to itpdx.

Journal Entry 5 by itpdx at Portland, Oregon USA on Monday, August 31, 2020
This came as a part of box RABCKs. Thank you!

Journal Entry 6 by itpdx at Portland, Oregon USA on Tuesday, January 18, 2022
Many years ago, the all-girls high school I attended had a musical written based on this book. Perfect for an all-girls school we did not have to recruit very many men to fill out the caste. As best I remember, the musical follows the book pretty closely. Although instead of only Mrs. Butterfield, we had a chorus of char women. They had a delightful song and dance piece with mops and buckets. The House of Dior actually lent us a gown! Not the one described in the book but a crystal sequined gown. When the spotlight hit that dress, the whole theater lit up!
The musical had the same intrepid, naive but wise main character, Mrs. ‘Arris. And the same warm uplifting view of the world.

Journal Entry 7 by itpdx at Little Free Library (SW Oleson) in Portland, Oregon USA on Thursday, January 20, 2022

Released 4 mos ago (1/20/2022 UTC) at Little Free Library (SW Oleson) in Portland, Oregon USA

Left in the Little Free Library