Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass

by Lewis Carroll | Children's Books | This book has not been rated.
Registered by Tarna of Pirkkala, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on 4/10/2010
Journal Entry 1 by Tarna from Pirkkala, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Saturday, April 10, 2010
With ninety-two illustrations by John Tenniel.
Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland first published 1865. First published in Puffin Books 1945, reprinted three times.
Through the Looking Glass first published 1842. First published in Puffin Books 1948, reprinted three times.
Combined volume first published in Puffin Books 1962. Reprinted 12 times. Puffin Books, Harmondsworth, Middlesex, England 1976. Paperback, 347 pages.

The blurb:
In the film Alice and between the covers of this book you will meet all the unforgettable characters of Wonderland: the White Rabbit, of course, and the mad Hatter, the Duchess, the Mock Turtle, the King and Queen of Hearts, and, despite his disappearing trick, the Cheshire Cat who leaves only his grin behind him.

Lewis Carroll at Pegasos — A literature related site in Finland

***
I’ve never really cared for Wonderland but I do like the Looking Glass. Yet I think I don’t have to read it anymore. Besides, the book is on someone’s wishlist.

Journal Entry 2 by wingpippiswing from Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Saturday, April 10, 2010
I wish we brought back at least a fraction of the joy we received from fellow Tampere crossers and Tarna, YOU especially! I really really wish you had stayed longer! Thank you ever so much for this fabulous surprise! My journey home was a delight...

Journal Entry 3 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Saturday, September 19, 2020
The book has sailed from one pile to another, it has been read from here and there and now I read it once more from cover to cover. Have to admit, I do prefer any movie adaptation to the book, and that's a rarity for me. Wonderland I can take, but Looking-Glass is a never-ending ramble, apparently written on wrong wonky mushrooms. A classic, yes, but would it have survived without all the shorter storybook adaptations, movies, amazing illustrators, Whittards tea range etc?

Journal Entry 4 by wingpippiswing at Act One Cinema in Acton, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, December 3, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (12/3/2021 UTC) at Act One Cinema in Acton, Greater London United Kingdom

Alice is waiting for a new reader in the lobby bookshelf! Hope you enjoy the lovely little independent theater!