Temples of Delight

by Barbara Trapido | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingkeeta1wing of Whitianga, Waikato-Coromandel New Zealand on 2/3/2010
Journal Entry 1 by wingkeeta1wing from Whitianga, Waikato-Coromandel New Zealand on Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Amazon Editorial Review:
The moment Jem joins her class in the middle of Silent Reading, Alice knows her life is changed. Jem seduces Alice with esoteric literature and the fabric of the past - and then she vanishes. Five years on, Jem blazes across her sphere again. And then the infuriating Giovanni appears.
Sent to TracyW as part of the "Expat" exchange hosted by J4shaw.

Journal Entry 2 by TracyW on Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Arrived today - a lovely surprise! I'm looking forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 3 by TracyW on Tuesday, April 13, 2010
I loved this book - fantastic. I particularly loved Jem, and Roland. What an amazing cast of characters, all so varied. I liked the range covered and Trapido's insight into the different characters and the issues of social class and how this influenced how characters got on with each other, for example Roland not getting along with Alice's parents, and Alice being so uncomfortable in their homes. I like how Roland was a real character, not just an example of the wrong choice for Alice. All in all, great reading. Thanks very much!

I plan to pass this on to my mother, I think she'll enjoy it.