Full Tilt

by Janet Evanovich & Charlotte Hughes | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 031298328x Global Overview for this book
Registered by ReadingGal79 of Antioch, Illinois USA on 6/9/2003
Journal Entry 1 by ReadingGal79 from Antioch, Illinois USA on Monday, June 9, 2003
I received this today from Iowa as part of a Read-n-Swap (yahoo group) chain.
c. 2003 -- Mystery & Suspence & Romance & Women's Fiction -- 3 weeks on the USA Today top-10 Bestseller list:
#7 on 2/9/03
#9 on 2/16/03 and 2/23
Front Cover: He lives life in the fast land and she's along for the ride -- with no brakes ...

Back Cover: Dear Reader: With "Full House," my good friend Charlotte Hughes and I teamed up to create an exciting new series. Now we bring you the second book, "Full Tilt," which is filled with even more fast-paced action, crazy characters, steamy sex, suspense, and nonstop hilarity. While these books are not set in the world of my Stephanie Plum novels, we're convinced they will bring you all the fun, the wisecracks, and the adventure that we love.

Jamie Swift has one priority in quiet Beaumont, SC: running the local newspaper. Romance runs second. But with the arrival of her silent partner, the notoriously mysterious and sexy Maximillian Holt, Jamie's life gets shaken up. Max claims he's here to give his brother-in-law a vote of confidence. A former wrestler, Frankie Fontana's now taking his shots in the political ring. Beaumont could use a mayor with scruples, but what it gets is a crime -- and what Jamie gets is a story that's taking her for a ride on the wild side, complete with two assassins, a washed-up stripper, and an insane poacher. Between a spray of bullets and a fast getaway, could it get any more romantic -- or dangerous? Max and Jamie are betting their lives on a long shot.

Charlotte and I hope you'll enjoy reading "Full Tilt" as much as we have enjoyed creating it.
Janet Evanovich & Charlotte Hughes

Journal Entry 2 by ReadingGal79 from Antioch, Illinois USA on Wednesday, June 25, 2003
I finished reading this today. It takes off from Full House ... 20 years later ... with Nick's cousins, Max and Deedee. I was disappointed that it didn't continue the story of Nick and his new wife. But it was still good with Max getting into all sorts of danger again. His car reminds me of the TV show with Kit and the actor David somebody ... all except for the wrist-band walkie-talkie. ;-) I look forward to continuing the adventures of Max and Jamie as the go to TN looking for a preacher gone-bad in Full Speed (due out in September).

Released on Monday, July 14, 2003 at another member in Read-n-Swap Yahoo Group, postal release USA.

I'm mailing this book today to NY for another member of the Read-n-Swap yahoo group ... thus putting the book back into the book chain.