Odd Thomas

by Dean Koontz | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by shelj7k of Blackrock, Co. Dublin Ireland on 5/30/2009
Journal Entry 1 by shelj7k from Blackrock, Co. Dublin Ireland on Saturday, May 30, 2009
Dear Reader

Welcome to BookCrossing if it is your first time here. I am really pleased that you found this book. It is a gift from me to you. If you wish you may hold on to it but I hope that you will pass it on, either to a friend or loved one, or by leaving it to be found again. That way our book will be on an adventurous journey which we can follow as it gets passed along.

In the meantime, did you read the book? What did you think of it? Also, what do you think of the idea of BookCrossing? Feel free to write any thoughts when you come back to make a release note for this book.

While you are here, why not take a look around our website? It is completely free to register and, if you do so, you will receive email alerts when this book is found again. I would be delighted if you wish to mention me, shelj7k, as the member who introduced you.

All best wishes

Journal Entry 2 by shelj7k from Blackrock, Co. Dublin Ireland on Sunday, October 11, 2009
Amazon Editorial Review:

The new paperback of the bestselling thriller from Dean Koontz, one of the most acclaimed and popular authors of modern times. In Odd Thomas he has created a character whose unique voice will live for generations to come. Odd Thomas takes pride in his work as a fry cook. His fame has spread, bringing strangers to the restaurant in Pico Mundo. Odd cannot say what it is that disturbs him about this particular stranger, but his sixth sense is alert ...This is a man with an appetite for operatic terror. The violence he craves is of the most extreme variety: multiple untimely deaths spiced with protracted horror. Tomorrow. Odd's fears are first for Stormy Llewellyn, his one true love. Stormy believes that our passage through this world is intended to toughen us for the next life -- that the many terrors we know here are an inoculation against worse in the world to come. But Odd Thomas knows more than Stormy about this world. Many people in Pico Mundo think he is some sort of psychic, perhaps a clairvoyant, a seer, something. None but a handful know that he sees the restless dead, those with unfinished business and, sometimes, plenty of postmortem rage. Tomorrow. The day begins as uncannily still as dawn on Judgment Day one breath before the sky cracks open. At once chilling and deeply moving, Odd Thomas is a brilliantly observed chronicle of good and evil in our time, of illusion and everlasting truth.

Journal Entry 3 by shelj7k at Blackrock, Co. Dublin Ireland on Saturday, April 30, 2011
A very likeable protagonist and an enjoyable story. I look forward to reading more about Odd.