Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand (Kitty Norville, Book 5)

by Carrie Vaughn | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 0446199532 Global Overview for this book
Registered by cathepsut of Metzingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on 5/25/2009
Journal Entry 1 by cathepsut from Metzingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Friday, June 5, 2009
Kitty ends up in Vegas -- not telling the reason, you have to read for yourself to find out. Vampires, wereanimals, the usual mayhem. This series is still going strong. Not much happening in terms of character development, but the action is still strong and the plotlines entertaining.

Bookray, shipping order so far:

yvensong, Nevada, USA, shipping in the US and Canada
omly, Massachusetts, USA, ships internationally
CandyDarling, Helsinki, Finland, prefers to be towards the end, ships internationally

Please journal when you get the book, so we know it's safe. Check with the next one if they still want the book, before sending it on. Let us know, when you sent it on and a little comment how you liked it would be great! Please try not to keep the book longer than 4 to 6 weeks. And if life gets in the way and it does take longer, let us know. Snail mail is fine. And most of all - enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 2 by cathepsut at BOOKRAY, Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, June 14, 2009

Released 12 yrs ago (6/15/2009 UTC) at BOOKRAY, Bookray -- Controlled Releases

Off to Nevada -- how fitting! :-)

Journal Entry 3 by yvensong from Reno, Nevada USA on Tuesday, July 28, 2009
It took awhile to get here, but Kitty has made the trip to Nevada!

I'll start reading this in a few days, as soon as I finish reading the book I'm currently reading.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Journal Entry 4 by yvensong from Reno, Nevada USA on Monday, August 3, 2009
Finished reading this last night. I've enjoyed this series, not as great or extremely thought-provoking literature, but as entertainment. Character development seemed a little weak in this novel, compared to the last one (Silver Bullet), but Kitty is fun to follow. This one starts out a little slower than the others, to take the time to set up the story and meet several new characters, but once the action starts, it doesn't let up.

As I don't want to give too much away, I'll not post my full review here. If you'd like to read it, please check it out at Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/64607055

Thanks for sharing, and on to the next one in the series.

Journal Entry 5 by yvensong at Controlled Release, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Friday, August 7, 2009

Released 12 yrs ago (8/7/2009 UTC) at Controlled Release, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

This is on its way to omly

Confirmation # 0306 0320 0002 4268 3902

Journal Entry 6 by omly from Arlington, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, August 13, 2009
Yay! This package was my very first piece of real mail at the new house. Can't wait to get started.

Journal Entry 7 by omly from Arlington, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, September 8, 2009
I have to agree with yvensong that the character development seemed a little weak compared to Kitty and the Silver Bullet. This book was fun mostly because I already really enjoyed the characters I had gotten to know in the other books. None of the new characters seemed that interesting.

Although the ending wrapped things up to come degree, I was really glad that this book had been sent with the next book in the series. The author really seemed to have thought of them as one story arch split up into two novels.

Journal Entry 8 by CandyDarling from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, November 2, 2009
Thank you for the books, I'm looking forward to reading more about Kitty. :)