The Lighthouse

by P.D. James | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by Sterile of Burnley, Lancashire United Kingdom on 5/3/2009
Journal Entry 1 by Sterile from Burnley, Lancashire United Kingdom on Sunday, May 3, 2009
To the lucky finder of this book...

Thank you for taking the time to visit us at Bookcrossing. If this is your first visit to our site...welcome & I'm sure you'll find it fun!

All over the world people are following their books travels through Book Crossing & by making an entry you will be helping keep this books unique travelling history up-to-date.

You can make your first journal entry about this book now! Just tell us where you found it....& don't worry about giving your name, you can remain anonymous.

When you’ve read it,why not come back here and let us know what you thought of it? Tell us what your plans for it are....is it being passed to someone else?...or maybe you're going to leave it for someone else to find - just like you did! Then, if you want to, you will be able to follow it's travels around the book loving world as well!

I hope you've enjoyed visiting us here at BookCrossing & if you do decide to join us, please consider using me, STERILE, as the member who referred you- then I know I'm successfully spreading the BookCrossing word!

Enjoy the book!

Released 12 yrs ago (5/3/2009 UTC) at BookMooch Member in Bookmooch.com, A book trading site -- Controlled Releases

Mailing out to a member of Bookmooch. 2nd Class 5th May 2009

Journal Entry 3 by nikiem on Friday, May 8, 2009
Recvd via Bookmooch.
I want to read it because they have been discussing it in the Guardian Review section :

Journal Entry 4 by nikiem on Monday, June 1, 2009
I finished this last night, and have duly placed it back in my Inventory on Bookmooch- not a 'keeper'.

I struggled to get into this initially, I felt very distant from all the characters. But once the investigation started things picked up. In a way it reminded me at the start of "Super-Cannes", by J. G. Ballard- the island setting for stressed executives...

This was the first P. D. James book I have read. I didn't like any of the characters in particular, in fact there were lots of things that got up my nose - when they have a coffee, they don't just have a filter coffee, they even grind the beans fresh for each cup -- the bit where they need to climb down a cliff so of course one of them has had a grandfather who taught them how to rock climb ..! I liked it for the way it was like a 'Midsomer Murder' - where every character is a suspect and the reason for killing is a long, dark family secret/ shame that is finally being avenged.

Journal Entry 5 by nikiem at Manchester, Greater Manchester United Kingdom on Thursday, November 12, 2009

Released 12 yrs ago (11/13/2009 UTC) at Manchester, Greater Manchester United Kingdom

This will be a controlled release as per Bookmooch request by "lizi"