The Gift of Fear: Survival Signals That Protect Us from Violence

by Gavin De Becker | Other |
Registered by Betsy-STL of St. Louis, Missouri USA on 5/19/2003
Journal Entry 1 by Betsy-STL from St. Louis, Missouri USA on Monday, May 19, 2003
Extra copy -- Up for trade

From the cover:

True fear is a gift. Unwarranted fear is a curse. Learn to tell the difference.

Released on Friday, June 13, 2003 at Postal Release in USPS, postal release USA.

Releasing via mail to Nelka35 in NY.

Journal Entry 3 by nelka35 from New York City, New York USA on Friday, June 20, 2003
Thank you, Betsy-STL! I wanted to read this book for a while already...
Thanks again! :)
Offered this book for a bookray. Here is the list of participants, in order: :)
Guinneth (NH)
kalipriestess (Florida)
appaloosatb (Minnesota)
caligula03 (California)
Kiptos (Singapore)

Please journal the book as soon as you receive it. PM the next person after you for their address, so you'd have it ready. Please read the book within 3 weeks, and then mail it on - leaving a journal entry that you did! :) I hope the info in this book would be helpful.

If you want to join this bookray while it's already traveling, you may be added at the end of the list if you are willing to mail internationally or pay for international shipping to you if the last member is unable to do so.

Journal Entry 4 by nelka35 at -- By Hand Or Post, Ray/Ring, RABCK in Brooklyn, New York USA on Thursday, July 10, 2003
Released on Thursday, July 10, 2003 at Bookray in BROOKLYN, New York USA.

Journal Entry 5 by Guinneth from Manchester, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, July 16, 2003
Received this yesterday - looking forward to reading it. Will start as soon as I've finished my current bookring book. Thanks, nelka!

Journal Entry 6 by Guinneth from Manchester, New Hampshire USA on Friday, August 8, 2003
This book had a lot of valuable information and went well beyond simply saying "follow your intuition" (which is also valuable advice!). The author identified many tangible warning signs and so forth to help the reader know how to make an informed prediction of violence, and (sadly) he knows what he is talking about from firsthand experience. Thank you for sharing this one, nelka35.

After some delay, I am mailing this to jmg49. He will then try and get in touch with his fellow Canadian, ArmchairRevolution.

Journal Entry 7 by jmg49 from Woodstock, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, August 27, 2003
This book was delivered today. I will start reading it on the weekend and make another journal entry when I have finished.
Thanks Guinneth for sending it and nelka35 for including me in your ray.
John

Journal Entry 8 by jmg49 from Woodstock, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, September 3, 2003
Basically, the author tells us how we instinctively, by reading a situation, people's facial expressions etc. can predict and avoid a lot of violent situations. This was a very informative read.

Journal Entry 9 by jmg49 from Woodstock, Ontario Canada on Saturday, September 6, 2003
Mailing today to Rampallion in Illinois. Enjoy:-)

Journal Entry 10 by rampallion from Evanston, Illinois USA on Monday, September 15, 2003
Arrived today. Looks fascinating. Thanks to all who passed it on!

Journal Entry 11 by rampallion from Evanston, Illinois USA on Wednesday, September 17, 2003
A very practical, informative book. De Becker's writing style is clear, and he doesn't pat himself on the back too often. The parts about intuition and context were the best. I also like that he urges people not to worry so much about appearances and feelings--for example, it's OK to be rude to someone who really may mean well if doing so keeps you or your child from potential danger.
Will send to skcreader once I get a mailing address.

Journal Entry 12 by rampallion at on Monday, September 22, 2003
Released on Monday, September 22, 2003 at to fellow bookcrosser in postal release, postal release USA.

Sent to skcreader today by mediamail.

Journal Entry 13 by skcreader from Roanoke, Virginia USA on Saturday, September 27, 2003
received today - will post again in the next week

Journal Entry 14 by skcreader from Roanoke, Virginia USA on Friday, October 3, 2003
Follow your intuition and use common sense - how often we forget that! Worthwhile read for everyone. Sending to the next person in line....