Death on the Downs

by Simon Brett | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by Seferim of Columbia, Maryland USA on 5/12/2003
Journal Entry 1 by Seferim from Columbia, Maryland USA on Monday, May 12, 2003
A Fethering mystery--

Starting on a rainy day in Britain (that never happens, right?) Carole goes into an old barn to take cover from the rain... and she finds a skeleton... so the mystery starts...

The book was a good quick read, and I will look for other Brett mysteries. This one was pretty fun to read.

Journal Entry 2 by Seferim at MBB2 in -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Monday, June 9, 2003
Released on Monday, June 09, 2003 at MBB2 in Mystery Book Box 2, postal release USA.

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by bkwrm23 from Haskell, New Jersey USA on Tuesday, July 15, 2003
Received from Mystery BookBox 2

Journal Entry 4 by bkwrm23 from Haskell, New Jersey USA on Friday, August 15, 2003
OK book. I found it a little slow. I figured out whodunit early on, but was still a bit surprised at the ending. I definitely would recomend to mystery fans.

Journal Entry 5 by bkwrm23 from Haskell, New Jersey USA on Friday, August 15, 2003
sending out to pchemphd in "British Writers
Pay-It-Forward"

Journal Entry 6 by pchemphd from Deland, Florida USA on Friday, August 22, 2003
Thank you for the book! It looks like a fast, light kind of read. I might start it soon.

Journal Entry 7 by pchemphd from Deland, Florida USA on Monday, September 1, 2003
This book starts up a little slow, but picks up toward the end. It was ok, but I didn't really feel much empathy for any of the characters. I will watch for more of Simon Brett's books at the used bookstore and here at bookcrossing.

Journal Entry 8 by pchemphd from Deland, Florida USA on Monday, November 24, 2003
This one is up for grabs on the bookrelay site.

Release planned for Wednesday, June 16, 2004 at fellow bookcrosser in fellow bookcrosser, postal release USA.

Sending this one to a fellow bookcrosser. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 10 by talkland from Eastbourne, East Sussex United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 21, 2004
Thank you pchemphd for this RABCK.

Journal Entry 11 by talkland from Eastbourne, East Sussex United Kingdom on Saturday, September 11, 2004
I thoroughly enjoyed this light and pacy mystery. It is the first time I have read any of Simon Brett's books but it was a pleasant way to spend an evening. I will now have to find the rest of the series...

Journal Entry 12 by talkland at on Saturday, September 11, 2004

Released 17 yrs ago (9/11/2004 UTC) at

I have had some pretty good catches from charity shops in the past as many of the customers who go in there for books are like myself and recycle them again when they have finished any way.