The Wreckers (The High Seas Trilogy)

by Iain Lawrence | Children's Books |
Registered by MHSGifted of Morrisville, Pennsylvania USA on 1/5/2009
Journal Entry 1 by MHSGifted from Morrisville, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, January 5, 2009
This book was chosen because it is on the 2009 Reading Olympics list for Bucks County, and Morrisville's Gifted 6-12 students are required to read one Reading Olympics book per month this school year. Our goal is to get the books on the list, journal about them as we read them, have a release party at the end of the school year, and track the journey of our books next school year. We're excited to see where this book goes!

Journal Entry 2 by MHSGifted from Morrisville, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, January 5, 2009

My name is Joe from MHS gifted. The Wreckers, by Iain Lawrence, was not something that I would like to read again. The book went way to much into detail and didn't have many exciting parts. I would not recomend this book because I personally hate it. I have not read anything worse except children books. Unless you have to I would read this.

The main characters are John, Mary, and Simon Mawgan. In the book John is aboard the Isle ok Skye. Late at night they get lost and when they spot beacons they steer toward it but crash into the Tombstones. The wreckers slautered all the survivors but John escaped. He soon finds out that his father was kidnapped. Under the care of Simon Mawgan, John must find his father with the help of his new friend Mary. Then he must return home.