Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman

by Haruki Murakami | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by Tarna of Pirkkala, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on 12/29/2008
Journal Entry 1 by Tarna from Pirkkala, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Monday, December 29, 2008
Twenty-four stories. Translated from the Japanese by Philip Gabriel and Jay Rubin. First Vintage International open-market edition, July 2007. Vintage International, New York. Paperback, 362 pages.
Cover design by Chip Kidd.

I know I have too many books; I keep buying duplicate copies. For instance, since last autumn I’ve had two copies of Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman. Luckily, someone has written on her wish list, ”Anything by Haruki Murakami”... ;)

This will be late, I’m sorry — but better late than never, eh?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BOIRINA!

Edit Dec. 30, 2008. In the mail today.

Journal Entry 2 by boirina from Mallorca - Calvià, Illes Balears/Islas Baleares Spain on Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Thanks! It hasn't been late. It arrived yesterday, which means that if my birthday hadn't been a Sunday, it would have been right on time. :)

And it's been a perfect surprise to get it today (I didn't go into town yesterday), which is when the Three Kings give their presents to all the children that have been good during the year. :)

:****