We Are SO Crashing Your Bar Mitzvah!

by Fiona Rosenbloom | Teens | This book has not been rated.
Registered by ABibliophile-- of Austin, Texas USA on 12/22/2008
Journal Entry 1 by ABibliophile-- from Austin, Texas USA on Monday, December 22, 2008
I haven't read this book, but it looks good for someone else. It never quite caught on with me- but it seems to have a storyline. Watch out-it's a sequel!

Journal Entry 2 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Friday, December 26, 2008
I was sitting in one of my favorite coffeehouses, The Garden District (which shares a patio with the gorgeously jungle like Great Outdoors) -- and I noticed this book on the table. The title caught my eye -- and the note in the front cover delighted me. I'm interested in young adult literature, so I started reading. At first, I was dismayed by the amount of product placement in the first few pages -- especially a metaphor that employed ProActiv skin care products. It wasn't just the infiltration of infomercials that bothered me -- also the egregious misuse of slang -- as in, "She is SO LOL!" (Yes, in conversation.) I thought these frustrations would keep me from continuing, but I found myself wondering about the characters. I've been in the mood for light-but-thoughtful reading lately, and, in spite of my initial misgivings, this is a lively read and I plan to finish it -- which hopefully shouldn't take too long.

I'm not sure where I'll drop it off when I'm done. Probably another coffee house in a different part of town, maybe the Hideout or the Spiderhouse.

CAUGHT IN AUSTIN TEXAS USA

Journal Entry 3 by ABibliophile-- at Garden District Cafe in Austin, Texas USA on Saturday, December 27, 2008

Released 13 yrs ago (12/21/2008 UTC) at Garden District Cafe in Austin, Texas USA

Sorry, forgot to register! already picked up.See above for more details.