The Story of Wimpy, a Wump

by Joan Drake | Children's Books |
Registered by PDB11 of Oakhill, Somerset United Kingdom on 8/19/2003
Journal Entry 1 by PDB11 from Oakhill, Somerset United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 19, 2003
This book turned up among the donations for the Summer Fair, and I sneaked a quick read before putting it on sale.

It was written in around 1940, when the author was only fourteen, and it predictably doesn't show much maturity of approach. What it does show, however, is that she still knew exactly what would please a small child. I detect, however, a strong A A Milne influence.

Journal Entry 2 by PDB11 at on Tuesday, August 19, 2003
Release planned for Saturday, September 06, 2003 at St David's Church - at the Summer Fair in Coalville, England United Kingdom.

Journal Entry 3 by PDB11 from Oakhill, Somerset United Kingdom on Thursday, April 22, 2004
This didn't sell at the Summer Fair, and I still have it if anyone wants it.

Journal Entry 4 by PDB11 at St Peter's Church, Ovington in Alresford, Hampshire United Kingdom on Saturday, September 5, 2009

Released 12 yrs ago (9/5/2009 UTC) at St Peter's Church, Ovington in Alresford, Hampshire United Kingdom

On a bench in the churchyard.

We found this tiny village with its beautiful church by accident. I'm not sure what "city" the zone should belong to, but Alresford seems closer than Itchen Abbas...

Journal Entry 5 by MariaWatson from Alresford, Hampshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 29, 2009
We live in Ovington, and the churchwarden at St Peter's Church passed the book on to us to read to our son. Unfortunately it is too grown up for him (he's only two), and so we'll take it to the playground in Itchen Abbas to find another reader.