Hoot

by Carl Hiaasen | Audiobooks |
ISBN: 0440419395 Global Overview for this book
Registered by MHSGifted of Morrisville, Pennsylvania USA on 9/11/2008
Journal Entry 1 by MHSGifted from Morrisville, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, September 11, 2008
This book was chosen because it is on the 2009 Reading Olympics list for Bucks County, and Morrisville's Gifted 6-12 students are required to read one Reading Olympics book per month this school year. Our goal is to get the books on the list, journal about them as we read them, have a release party at the end of the school year, and track the journey of our books next school year. We're excited to see where this book goes!

Journal Entry 2 by chase19067 from Morrisville, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, October 2, 2008
This is Nathan from Morrisville middle school. Roy is such a good character. I could not imagine having to move to so many different places. He was the new kid this year and only had one friend. Main while the new pancake place there was vandalism like pulled stakes, alligators in porter potties, and a police car was spray painted black. Read this book to hear the rest of the wild experience of Roy and his friends. This book was good. I got this book from my teacher. I am probably going to release this book if my teacher lets me. I would recommend this book to some who likes an adventure and mischief.

Journal Entry 3 by MHSGifted from Morrisville, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Hi, this is Collin. This book is about a boy named Roy who is the new kid in town and he sees a boy that is running away from something but he doesn't know what. Eventually Roy follows the boy and he finds out that the boy is trying to save these owls from being bulldozed by Mother Paula's Pancake House. Roy, the running boy and his friend Beatrice work together to stop Mother Paula. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes adventure and mystery books.

Journal Entry 4 by Monkey45654 from Morrisville, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Hi this is Juliana and I am here to talk about Hoot. Hoot is about three kids (Roy Eberhardt, Beatrice Leep, and Mullet Fingers) who fight againt Mother Paula's Pancake House. This pancake company is trying to build on burrowing owls' nesting grounds. Mullet Fingers does some crazy pranks to get Mother Paula's attention. One of his feats was placing live alligators in the porta-potties. Mullet Fingers gives Mother Paula's such a hard time that they don't build the restaurant. I personally didn't like most of the book but I changed my mind at the end when they held hands and sung "This land is my land"

Journal Entry 5 by MHSGifted from Morrisville, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, April 6, 2009
Hoot, by Carl Hiaasen, is about a group of kids who meet eachother and they join together to save a protected species of owls. The owls are threatened by the construction of the 469th Mother Puala's pancake house. Roy, Beatrice, and Mullet Fingers break the law while enforcing it. I thought this book was good for people who love nature. I liked this book and I hope other people do.