Water Power

Registered by PDB11 of Oakhill, Somerset United Kingdom on 9/11/2008
Journal Entry 1 by PDB11 from Oakhill, Somerset United Kingdom on Thursday, September 11, 2008
This book attempts to explain water power to the layman. It is mostly concerned with reservoir and run-of-river schemes, but tidal and even wave power make their appearance.

Although this book was published in 1952, it is surprisingly modern in its outlook. Many people today would do well to read it!

My chief complaint is that the authors seem to have neglected to bring their knowledge quite up to date in places. For example, they describe some turbines that when they were built were the most powerful in the Tennessee Valley, and "may still be" today. Surely it should be possible to find out, even in the face of American corporate paranoia!

Up for grabs or trade. Or I may even release it.

Journal Entry 2 by PDB11 at Imperial College in Kensington, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, April 19, 2009

Released 12 yrs ago (4/18/2009 UTC) at Imperial College in Kensington, Greater London United Kingdom

I thought about releasing it in a water power related location, but I think Imperial (where, I hope, they study such things) is just as suitable.

I left the book on the side of the barbecue apparatus on the Physics Department Balcony.

Journal Entry 3 by Thecotter from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, April 20, 2009
Just found it on a bench at the top of the Blackett Laboratory Imperial college. Not researching water power myself but will duly read and pass it on in the hope it finds someone that does.

CAUGHT IN LONDON LONDON UK