Falling Star -- JOIN THIS BOOKRAY!

by Diana Dempsey | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by pgsahm of Disputanta, Virginia USA on 4/9/2003
Journal Entry 1 by pgsahm from Disputanta, Virginia USA on Wednesday, April 9, 2003
Found at Goodwill. Not for trade.

Journal Entry 2 by pgsahm from Disputanta, Virginia USA on Friday, June 13, 2003
This is one of several CHICKLIT BOOKRAYS that I hope to read this summer and then start on a bookray journey after I'm done with it! Hopefully by August this book will be on the road!

What’s a bookray and how does it work?

A bookray is when a book passes from person to person based on the list of members involved. Preferably a bookray book is never released into the wild.

To join this bookray (or any other bookray of mine) please private message me. I will be glad to add you to the list. New members are added all of the time so be sure to check the list of participants before you mail the book to the next in line just in case!

Once you are a bookray member you will receive the book from the person listed before you. When you receive the book please make a journal entry stating that you’ve received it. Then read it as soon as you can (no absolute hurry, just be reasonable please :o), and journal again with your thoughts. You’ll then need to private message the person on the list after you for their address. Mail the book by media mail (it’s cheaper!), and make release notes on the book only if you’d like to. Then sit back and watch the continuing journey!

The members are as follows:

have2smile (Ohio)

tootshelling (Arizona)
kayters (Georgia)
bookaholic1346 (Florida)
jkate (California)

Journal Entry 3 by pgsahm from Disputanta, Virginia USA on Thursday, July 3, 2003
Hmmmm.... where to start...??

After finishing this book up last night I still don't know how I feel about it. I liked it and I didn't like it. It's one of those books where I just didn't care how it ended yet at the same time... I did! Very confusing! LOL

The storyline is unique and I learned a lot from it. I now know a lot more about television news then I ever have before! The author was a television anchor before becoming a novelist so her knowledge about the field adds to the book.

One thing that was hard about the book was that I did not care about any of the characters. Not a single one of them did I like or feel sorry for or would I be friends with in real life. They were just awful people. Not entirely awful, but most of them had some big major flaw that led me to dislike them. Plus there was so many plot lines going on that it was a much more complex book than I would have guessed from the beginning.

Anyhow, with that said I didn't care for the book a whole lot. But I'm sure someone else will enjoy it more. So it's headed out on it's bookray journey!

Journal Entry 4 by pgsahm at on Thursday, July 3, 2003
Released on Thursday, July 03, 2003 at Bookcrosser's home in postal release, postal release USA.

Sending the book out on it's bookray journey!! Enjoy everyone!

Journal Entry 5 by have2smile from Cincinnati, Ohio USA on Tuesday, July 22, 2003
I just received this as part of a Bookray. I will be starting it by the end of the week. Thanks pgsahm for organizing the Bookray!

Journal Entry 6 by have2smile at -- By Hand Or Post, Ray/Ring, RABCK in Cincinnati, Ohio USA on Wednesday, August 20, 2003
Release planned for Thursday, August 21, 2003 at Mailing to fellow bookcrosser in Cincinnati, Ohio USA.

Fun read. Thanks pgsahm for organizing the Bookray. It will continue on to hulamonkey. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 7 by hulamonkey from Newark, Ohio USA on Saturday, August 23, 2003
Received book in the mail today. Will start reading later this week.

Journal Entry 8 by hulamonkey from Newark, Ohio USA on Friday, September 12, 2003
Whew! This was one long book. --At least it felt like it to me.

I didn't get swept up in the story and that's probably why the 408 pages felt like it was taking me forever to get through.

The book was ok. I've read better & I've read worse.

Will send out to sejent on Monday. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by sejent from Louisville, Kentucky USA on Wednesday, September 24, 2003
Received in today's mail...will start reading soon and will journal again when I have finished.

Journal Entry 10 by sejent from Louisville, Kentucky USA on Sunday, November 9, 2003
Kayters, bookaholic1346, and jkate all wanted to be skipped, so I am sending this off to Shendoah.

Journal Entry 11 by Shendoah from San Jose, California USA on Tuesday, November 18, 2003
made it to me today. I have a final tomorrow, and a final on Saturday. So I don't have a lot of extra time till Sunday. I'll read like crazy then. :)

Journal Entry 12 by Shendoah from San Jose, California USA on Monday, November 24, 2003
So far, I'm about 130 pages in. I'm on the fence. I can say the book is technically well written and flows smoothly. I can also say that there is not one character with any redeeming quality worth noting. Even for someone with a degree (granted never used) in Radio and Television, I'm forced to keep myself reading. The book is not bad enough for me to give up on it, not good enough for me to stay awake well past my bedtime reading with bated breath as to what happens next. There is a great void of emotion. The characters are superficial and brittle. There is nothing there to make you are about what happens to them, nothing that makes them seem like a real person.

SO, I'll probably keep reading. As I said, it's not bad enough to give up on. Like a train wreck, I have to keep watching out of morbid curiosity. Surely *something* will redeem this book.

Journal Entry 13 by Shendoah from San Jose, California USA on Thursday, December 11, 2003
Mailed it today to Tamster33. First Class instead of Media Mail, so hopefully it will make it before Christmas. (I was warned Media Mail wouldn't )

Journal Entry 14 by Tamster33 from San Francisco, California USA on Wednesday, December 17, 2003
Received today. Have several rays ahead of this one, but am planning on doing a lot of reading soon. I'll write more as soon as I've read it. Thank :)