Feet of clay (Discworld novel)

by Terry Pratchett | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by Lottiotta of Aberdovey, Wales United Kingdom on 7/12/2008
Journal Entry 1 by Lottiotta from Aberdovey, Wales United Kingdom on Saturday, July 12, 2008
An excellent Discworld novel about Sam Vimes and his mismatched crew of policemen trying to solve a mysterious murder...

Some of the blurb
He's not only got to find out whodunit, but howdunit too. He's not even sure what they dun. But as soon as he knows what the questions are, he's going to want some answers.

Discworld Reading Order (a .jpeg)

Bookray - COMPLETE
Rules:
  • International, surface mail is fine.
  • To take part, please PM me with your shipping preferences.
  • Please try to pass it on within a month. If you can't, please journal to explain so we know the book is safe.
  • I list my bookrings at The Bookring Directory!
  • If a player is not responding to PMs, skip them and try the next person on the list. Say you have done so in the journal entry.
  • The ring will remain open, and the list is subject to jiggling. Here's the list so far:

1. Kiri, USA (prefers to ship to US but can ship internationally if needed)
    2. geniedances, USA
    3. yvensong, USA (can ship to US and Canada only)
    4. cherylllr, USA (prefers USA shipping but can do int'l if needed)
    5. Shelly-Sparkles, Australia (can ship only to Aus) Asked to be skipped

Journal Entry 2 by Kiri from Santa Rosa, California USA on Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Arrived! TBR
Enjoyed this book. The subtle (and not so subtle) punning is delightful. A good Mystery and advancement of character stories. The introduction of minor characters was a lot of fun. I like Dorfl.

----
Update 21 Feb 09 - Still waiting for address from geniedances (have sent 2 pm's) Will send another today.
23 Feb 09 - Address received and will be sent on next post office trip to geniedances. =)

Journal Entry 3 by Lottiotta from Aberdovey, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, December 18, 2008
PMed Kiri today, as both books haven't been journaled in almost 3 months.

Journal Entry 4 by Lottiotta from Aberdovey, Wales United Kingdom on Sunday, April 5, 2009
I just emailed Kiri to ask where the book is at, but I assume it's been posted on to geniedances. I've requested a new journal entry, just to clarify. :)

Journal Entry 5 by geniedances from Houston, Texas USA on Tuesday, April 28, 2009
The book arrived today.

Journal Entry 6 by geniedances from Houston, Texas USA on Saturday, July 11, 2009
I need to apologize for keeping this book way too long. I found it underneath a pile of TBR books the other day and read it as quickly as I could. It is ready to go out as soon as I hear from yvensong.

This is an excellent read. Two main plots with a couple of comical sub-plots. Enough twists and turns to keep any reader interested.
Someone is killing local merchants. The butcher was first, the baker and then the candlestick maker. Ankh-Morpork's Patrician is ill and seems to be poisoned. Its time for Comander Vimes and his motley crew to find out who the killer is before anyone else becomes a target.

Another sub-plot begins as the town golems begin killing themselves and no one seems to be able to figure out why.

A third sub-plot begins when Captain Carrot discovers that he is the hereditary king of Ankh-Morpork; a title he doesn't want and refuses to acknowledge.

Sound confusing? As usual, the truth is found in the chaos!

Journal Entry 7 by yvensong from Reno, Nevada USA on Friday, August 7, 2009
This arrived today. Thanks for sharing! I'll get to this when I complete the book I'm currently reading.

Journal Entry 8 by yvensong from Reno, Nevada USA on Thursday, September 3, 2009
This book focuses on the Watch, and in particular Sir Samuel Vimes, the Commander of the Watch. Someone is murdering people in Ankh-Morpork, and all evidence says the Assassin's Guild is not behind the murders. Vimes and his team are put to the test to find the murderer before more people are done in.

In many ways, this is your classic murder mystery, but this is Terry Pratchett and this is Discworld. Pratchett's wit and intelligent exploration of prejudice, self-identity, morality, and religion both subtle and extreme, permeate the novel. Don't get me wrong, even with such heavy subjects, Pratchett's humor abounds in this novel, and I can attest to several occasions where people looked at me oddly as I couldn't hold in the giggles.

Cherylllr and I are planning to see each other on the 10th, and I'll hand the book to her then.

Thanks so much for sharing!!

Journal Entry 9 by yvensong at Controlled Release, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, October 10, 2009

Released 12 yrs ago (10/11/2009 UTC) at Controlled Release, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Finally, C and I will be getting together and I will hand this off to her at the BookCrossing meeting!

Journal Entry 10 by cherylllr from Rolla, Missouri USA on Thursday, October 22, 2009
my sweetie read this first, said he was delighted - I'm 1/3 through and enjoying it, especially the multifunction imp organizer... PMing the next reader...

Journal Entry 11 by cherylllr from Rolla, Missouri USA on Saturday, October 24, 2009
one of the best Discworld so far, imo - a little more depth/ thoughtfulness...

Shelly-Sparkles saw on my profile that my husband lost his job, and volunteered to get this book from her library to save me shipping. I accept her kindness and am sending a PM to Lottiotta to find out what I should do with this (rather beat-up) copy.

update - L. said it's up to me (the compassion of BXers is so gratifying) so I'm saving it with the rest of my collection until I'm done reading enough to offer out a bunch of them to someone just starting the series.

Journal Entry 12 by darsbooks at Reno, Nevada USA on Friday, September 9, 2011
I have been finding reading paperbacks nearly impossible so I am passing this on.

Journal Entry 13 by yvensong at Reno, Nevada USA on Sunday, September 11, 2011
Caught this from the large group of books being culled from Darsbooks library. Available for release

Journal Entry 14 by yvensong at Reno, Nevada USA on Monday, September 19, 2011

Released 10 yrs ago (9/16/2011 UTC) at Reno, Nevada USA

TangoDream picked up to read