The Eyre Affair (Thursday Next)

by Jasper Fforde | Other |
ISBN: 034073356x Global Overview for this book
Registered by Commandogeraldo of Comanche, Texas USA on 7/11/2008
Journal Entry 1 by Commandogeraldo from Comanche, Texas USA on Friday, July 11, 2008
This book was recommended to me some time ago by a friend, and I have finally (after a year and a half) gotten around to reading it. I quite enjoyed it, though I admit many of the literary in-jokes were over my head, particularly since I have not read Jane Eyre. Once you've read this one, you'll see what I mean. I like Fforde's alternate reality, and the idea of black market first edition forgeries being such a problem as to require a specific branch of law enforcement; well, that's just hilarious.

I will be seeking out the rest of the books in this series, as my friend assures me they only get better from here.

Journal Entry 2 by Commandogeraldo at Kick Butt Coffee in Austin, Texas USA on Monday, July 14, 2008

Released 13 yrs ago (7/14/2008 UTC) at Kick Butt Coffee in Austin, Texas USA

I placed the book on the high counter among the fliers for shows and the like. Yellow post-it on the cover that reads "FREE BOOK! LOOK INSIDE!"