A MESSAGE FROM BRUCE: Data Breach
Please read Bruce's important message here (or go to the Announcements forum by your normal route) about stolen BookCrossing data from 2013 and before.

The Change Agents: Decoding the New Work Force and Workplace

by Liz Nickles | Professional & Technical | This book has not been rated.
Registered by bookreader7 of Waltham, Massachusetts USA on 7/9/2008
Journal Entry 1 by bookreader7 from Waltham, Massachusetts USA on Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Journal Entry 2 by GaramondMama from Arlington, Massachusetts USA on Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Picked up this book at a Bookcrossing Meetup at the Algier's Cafe in Harvard Square. It's about the impact of digital media on the workplace. I thought I should read this book because I am in a genealogy club where we are trying to use new techiniques such as email lists. This goes over very well with some people, but we have others on the board of the group who don't even have email yet, let alone newer ways of social networking. I am hoping I can learn something to ease the transition for us all.

From the back cover:

Twenty-first-century America straddles a digital divide. Workers on one side of that line are ordering groceries over the net, courting via instant messaging, working 24/7 from virtual offices. The others are still trying to program their VCRs and wondering what the hell is going on. The Change Agents bridges the gap and illuminates what the changed workplace means for productivity, job security, and the near future.

Released 14 yrs ago (8/12/2008 UTC) at Algiers, 40 Brattle Street, Harvard Sq. in Cambridge, Massachusetts USA

Bookcrossing Meetup.

Journal Entry 4 by nillabreen from Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Caught at the August 2008 Boston Bookcrossing Meetup. I had planned to just save this to release in a potential OBCZ, but now that I have it home and I'm looking over it, it looks interesting.... dated, for sure, since it was published in 2001 and times were different then. I think management has gotten wise to the bluster and blather, and started to see deliverables and the bottom line a little more clearly than in the heady early days of the information revolution. At least I seriously hope so. But this book may be worth a look anyway. It may be useful in order to more quickly identify possible managerial cluelessness. At least, this is my first impression of the book based on a quick perusal of the dust jacket flaps.

Journal Entry 5 by wingmaryzeewing at Taneytown, Maryland USA on Wednesday, August 31, 2011
This was in a box full of books received from Nillabreen and will be released at one of the OBCZs soon.

Journal Entry 6 by wingmaryzeewing at Birdie's Cafe - 233 E. Main St. in Westminster, Maryland USA on Sunday, October 2, 2011

Released 10 yrs ago (10/1/2011 UTC) at Birdie's Cafe - 233 E. Main St. in Westminster, Maryland USA

Left this on the bookshelf in the back room. Enjoy!

Welcome to BookCrossing!

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing -- maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (it's free!) Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend or even set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find like you did. If you do choose to join and journal, then you can watch the book as it travels - You'll be alerted by email each time someone makes another journal entry. It's all confidential (you're known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free. Happy reading!