A Quantum Murder

by Peter F. Hamilton | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by londonmet of London, Greater London United Kingdom on 5/25/2008
Journal Entry 1 by londonmet from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, May 25, 2008
Chariity shop buy. One of Peter F Hamilton's novels, from before they all had to be 900+ pages long.

Journal Entry 2 by londonmet at Camel & Artichoke in Waterloo, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, December 7, 2009

Released 11 yrs ago (12/8/2009 UTC) at Camel & Artichoke in Waterloo, Greater London United Kingdom

Taking along to the meet-up.

Journal Entry 3 by TracyW on Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Picked this up from the Camel and Artichoke, looking forward to reading it.

Well, I've finished it now, and I did enjoy it. The mystery puzzled me, but I think a reader more on the ball than me could have figured it out, even given the SF elements. I liked the running joke with the character Julia and the fashion reviews - the one thing that really got under her skin. I didn't however find Greg very compelling as a main character, and Nicholas's metamorphsis in social awareness didn't ring quite true to me, although admittedly I've never been involved in a brutal murder investigation. I thought the ending was much better done than in the other Peter Hamilton series I read when the dead start coming back to life and inhabiting people's bodies. The portrayl of the world was fascinating and now I want to read back earlier in the series.

Journal Entry 4 by TracyW at Liverpool Street Station, in City of London, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, February 11, 2010

Released 11 yrs ago (2/11/2010 UTC) at Liverpool Street Station, in City of London, Greater London United Kingdom

Dropped off at the sugarshelf by Costco, Bishopgate exit.