The Summerhouse

by Jude Deveraux | Romance |
Registered by kobie03 of Lewins Cove, Newfoundland and Labrador Canada on 5/13/2008
Journal Entry 1 by kobie03 from Lewins Cove, Newfoundland and Labrador Canada on Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Welcome to BookCrossing!
Thanks for coming to the site and journaling the book to let me know you have it. I hope you decide to let the book continue on a journey by releasing it (either by giving it to someone or leaving it somewhere.)
Happy reading!

The Summerhouse:
Have you ever wanted to rewrite your past?
Three women friends get a once-in-a-lifetime chance to find out what might have been...Will the road not taken prove a better path? Each woman will have to decide for herself as she follows the dream that got away..

Journal Entry 2 by kobie03 from Lewins Cove, Newfoundland and Labrador Canada on Wednesday, August 13, 2008
A light summer or holiday read,I liked the idea of the story if you could bo back and rewrite 3 weeks of your life would you choose the road not taken.Three woman who met briefly on theis 21st birthday, re-connect for theis 40th birthday having no contact for 19 years. I found my self irritated with the characters as they told their story, they came off as doormat women whose identies depended on the selfish men in their lives, the frequent mention of weight gain and the detailed physical descriptions of the characters annoyed me.But it kept me reading until late in the night to find out if they travelled back in time would they have made different choices so the second part of the book read better. In the end I was satisified how things turned out and wondered if 21 year old women in 2008 are making different choices than those women made in the early 80's.

Journal Entry 3 by sarahbear from St Helens, Tasmania Australia on Monday, September 22, 2008
Arrived safely and soundly. I have been looking forward to reading this. Thank you for sharing.

Journal Entry 4 by sarahbear from St Helens, Tasmania Australia on Wednesday, October 22, 2008
This is a nice at the beach or on the couch kinda book. I really enjoyed the story with its twists and turns. Makes a nice change from the usual boy meets girl kinda romance. I found it a little hard to keep track of characters to start with but it all came together nicely.

I will offer this book up in Australia as a ray-it-forward book.

Journal Entry 5 by sarahbear from St Helens, Tasmania Australia on Saturday, October 25, 2008
Ray - it - forward.

Please send this book on to the next reader. When it's reached the last reader is then to be passed onto anoher active bookcrosser either as a RABCK, swap etc, Meet UP etc.

1. LadyIndigo
2. Elddau1
3. scrapaholic

Journal Entry 6 by sarahbear at Book Ring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, October 25, 2008

Released 13 yrs ago (10/27/2008 UTC) at Book Ring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

A ray -it - forward book.

Journal Entry 7 by wingLadyIndigowing from Orange, New South Wales Australia on Saturday, November 1, 2008
book has arrived safely - thanks sarahbear ;-)

i thought i could hang on to it for a christmas read or maybe a santa helper donation... i'll pass on as quick as i can, tho it may be a few weeks, you know how sometimes must-do-reading piles around you

thanx sarahbear

Journal Entry 8 by wingLadyIndigowing from Orange, New South Wales Australia on Monday, November 24, 2008
firstly i have to say i had never come across jude deveraux and she has written like .. 100 books!

it was easy enough to read, tho it felt like bits were missing - i expect it is difficult to write about the intervening 19 years for 3 separate characters, when they all want full accounts in chronological order, not an abridged story

everyone seemed to have a 'summerhouse' - maybe that is something american - and each summerhouse was different, but a few were in the backyard, i wonder what we aussies would call them - a studio perhaps?? (it would be a shed if it was for men)

anyhow it is certainly summer holiday reading and a little magic is always lovely to experience

thanks for sharing

i will personally deliver this to the next reader - elddau1 - on my travels through canberra during this week

Journal Entry 9 by Elddau1 from Yass, New South Wales Australia on Friday, November 28, 2008
This was kindly delivered to my door by LadyIndigo on Wednesday. I'm ready to start it now and looking forward to it. Many thanks sarahbear.

Journal Entry 10 by Elddau1 from Yass, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, December 9, 2008
This was about a 6 1/2 to 7 for me. This genre of book I would normally give a 6 - light reading, easy on the eyes and a bit of escapist fun. It was good for it's type though. It was actually a bit better than I expected. There were some clever aspects to the plot / writing which made it more than a 6 for me.

I hated the first chapter though. I didn't like Leslie's story at all - I had no respect for the character and I would have been happy for her story and character to be removed from the book, but I guess it provided a balance to the other stories. But the book did get better.

There was a little homage to 'Romancing the Stone' that was cute I guess, as long as you don't take it too seriously.

Generally there were a couple of details I would change if I were writing it. Overall though I enjoyed it.
It's an interesting question (especially at this age) to consider whether you would change anything in your past if you could...
This was my first bookring / ray ever! Thanks sarahbear.

Journal Entry 11 by Elddau1 at Newtown, New South Wales Australia on Monday, December 22, 2008

Released 13 yrs ago (12/17/2008 UTC) at Newtown, New South Wales Australia

Posted to scrapaholic from Newtown in Sydney while visiting family.

Merry Christmas and happy holiday reading, scrapaholic!

Journal Entry 12 by scrapaholic from Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Arrived safely in Darwin today

Journal Entry 13 by scrapaholic from Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Sunday, January 4, 2009
A light and easy read.
I liked the concept of the story - 3 young women meeting on their 21st birthday.
The twists and turns kept it interesting to the end.

I will take this book to our next meetup in Darwin so it can continue its journey.

Journal Entry 14 by scrapaholic at Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Sunday, January 11, 2009

Released 13 yrs ago (1/11/2009 UTC) at Darwin, Northern Territory Australia

Am giving to a fellow bookcrosser - amberC

Journal Entry 15 by wingamberCwing from Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Monday, January 12, 2009
Arrived in scrapoholic's hand when we met for lunch. Adding to Mt TBR.

Journal Entry 16 by wingamberCwing at Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Sunday, July 17, 2011
A light, fun holiday read. The time travel twist was interesting and imaginative.

Journal Entry 17 by wingamberCwing at Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Released 10 yrs ago (9/6/2011 UTC) at Darwin, Northern Territory Australia

Off to the winner of the Happy Smile Day Sweepstakes.

Journal Entry 18 by wingglenystasmaniawing at Maydena, Tasmania Australia on Tuesday, September 20, 2011
wouldnt it be nice to rewrite some of your past....lol looking forward to reading this one

Journal Entry 19 by wingglenystasmaniawing at Richmond, Tasmania Australia on Saturday, January 5, 2019

Released 3 yrs ago (1/7/2019 UTC) at Richmond, Tasmania Australia

to be released at book club in Richmond

Released 3 yrs ago (1/10/2019 UTC) at Midway Point Neighbourhood House in Midway Point, Tasmania Australia

No takers at Book Club, wild release at Midway Point Neighbourhood Centre. Located on book shelf just inside main door.