The Liar

by Stephen Fry | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by chas04 of Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on 5/4/2008
Journal Entry 1 by chas04 from Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, May 4, 2008
FL 'A Fame T-shirt stopped outside the house where Mozart was born.'

I have no idea what this is about but I love Stephen Fry and I've always wanted to try out his books.

Paperback
Published by Arrow 2004 reissue
388 pages

Journal Entry 2 by chas04 from Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, July 13, 2008
Well, it was an average book really. I think I was expecting a lot more from Stephen Fry but I can't say I enjoyed it. The story follows the life of Adrian Healey, a sexually ambiguous teenager and young man. He goes to Cambridge and meets with Professor Trefusis, who seems to enjoy the fact that Healey is rather excellent at bending the truth. I can't really say what happens next or it will give too much away but it is a strange little book and I haven't been encouraged to read any more of Fry's works.

This is being sent on to another bookcrosser who has requested it as part of a trade.

Journal Entry 3 by wingyorkshire-lasswing from Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Saturday, July 26, 2008
Thank you chas04,I've had this on my wishlist for a while now and am glad of the chance to read it.I've read two of Fry's other books both of which I've enjoyed,I may take it on holiday with me next week.

Journal Entry 4 by wingyorkshire-lasswing from Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 26, 2008
I didn't enjoy this book as much as the others I've read by Stephen Fry.I'm glad I stuck with it,I found it confusing to start with but it got better as it went on and there were some very funny bits! Thanks again chas04.

Journal Entry 5 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at by mail, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Monday, June 22, 2009

Released 12 yrs ago (6/23/2009 UTC) at by mail, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

This is going into TheDunedan's Bookbox No1.

Journal Entry 6 by Iagegu from Preston, Lancashire United Kingdom on Thursday, June 25, 2009
Taken from Dunedan's bookbox.