Ground Work, Selected Poems and Essays 1970-1979

by Paul Auster | Nonfiction |
Registered by joaninha of Porto - City, Porto Portugal on 3/15/2003
Journal Entry 1 by joaninha from Porto - City, Porto Portugal on Saturday, March 15, 2003
I´m reding the book now

Journal Entry 2 by joaninha at postal release in Porto - City, Porto Portugal on Tuesday, March 25, 2003
Release planned for Thursday, March 27, 2003 at postal release in Porto, Porto Portugal.

I hope you like the book Gabriella ! : ) Joana

Journal Entry 3 by YowlYY on Friday, April 4, 2003
Thanks to joaninha who sent me this...arrived today all the way from Portugal :-)
I will write some comments on the book once I have read it.

Journal Entry 4 by YowlYY on Sunday, April 3, 2005
A book that cannot be read in one go, because it's not designed to be dealt with this way. One can see how Auster's lyric prosa developed, and the typical style can be recognised in the essays. Interesting to say the least, especially what he wrote about Kafka.

It is now time for this book to go and visit another Auster fan...surprise surprise!

Journal Entry 5 by YowlYY at on Sunday, April 3, 2005

Released 16 yrs ago (4/4/2005 UTC) at

In the hands of the Royal Mail...hopefully to be delivered to the correct address!!

Journal Entry 6 by SwissToni on Tuesday, April 12, 2005
thank you so much Gabriella - a really thoughtful surprise! I will add this to the stack of Austers that other kind bookcrossers have been good enough to send me...

(although sadly I can't make the meeting at the weekend ... I am taking the ultimate olympian -- www.ultimateolympian.blogspot.com -- to carry out the canoeing and kayaking events at the national watersports centre at holmepierrepoint. Sorry!)

I promise I'll make one soon ... keep telling me when they are!