The Salaryman's Wife

by Sujata Massey, (none) | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by mystery52 of Aiken, South Carolina USA on 11/22/2007
Journal Entry 1 by mystery52 from Aiken, South Carolina USA on Thursday, November 22, 2007
I'm sending this to a friend in Liberty, South Carolina.

Journal Entry 2 by mystery52 from Aiken, South Carolina USA on Saturday, August 9, 2008
Got this back from my friend so I am now sending it to Bookczuk to release as she wishes.

Journal Entry 3 by wingbookczukwing from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, August 16, 2008
This debut novel of Sujata Massey turned up at my front door in a box of books sent by mystery52. I love "first books" so may give this one a try. Thank you so much!

From the Publisher

Japanese-American Rei Shimura is a 27-year-old English teacher living in one of Tokyo's seediest neighborhoods. She doesn't make much money, but she wouldn't go back home to California even if she had a free ticket (which, thanks to her parents, she does.) Her independence is threatened however, when a getaway to an ancient castle town is marred by murder.

Rei is the first to find the beautiful wife of a high-powered businessman, dead in the snow. Taking charge, as usual, Rei searches for clues by crashing a funeral, posing as a bar-girl, and somehow ending up pursued by police and paparazzi alike. In the meantime, she manages to piece together a strange, ever-changing puzzle--one that is built on lies and held together by years of sex and deception.

Journal Entry 4 by wingbookczukwing from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, August 31, 2008
I still want to read this at some point, but my TBR pile is so huge, that I had best release this rather than hold it captive for a year or two.

Released 13 yrs ago (9/13/2008 UTC) at Kudu Coffee And Craft Beer - 4 Vanderhorst St in Charleston, South Carolina USA

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free!) And if you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me, bookczuk, as your referring member. Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend or even set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find like you did. If you do choose to join and journal, then you can watch the book as it travels- You'll be alerted by email each time someone makes another journal entry. It's all confidential (you're known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free. Happy reading!

PS And if you find yourself liking BookCrossing, Charleston has an active group of BookCrossers who meet monthly (second Sunday of the month) at various spots in the Tri-county area. Come join us! For more information, see our yahoo group here! Be on the lookout for other books left in the "Wild"!

Journal Entry 6 by flk9lover at Gainesville, Florida USA on Monday, August 20, 2012
I found this book at Waldo flea market and paid .50 for it. It was fun finding the bookcrossing label. I have not heard of the group before. I will release ot when I have finished reading it.