A MESSAGE FROM BRUCE: Data Breach
Please read Bruce's important message here (or go to the Announcements forum by your normal route) about stolen BookCrossing data from 2013 and before.

In the Middle of Nowhere

by Terry Underwood | Biographies & Memoirs |
ISBN: 0733801919 Global Overview for this book
Registered by lillymagoo of Northcote, Auckland Province New Zealand on 11/14/2007
Journal Entry 1 by lillymagoo from Northcote, Auckland Province New Zealand on Wednesday, November 14, 2007
This is the compelling true story of an 18 year old nurse and a young born and bred cattleman she found on his back in ward 3 of St Vincents Hospital, nursing a serious spinal injury sustained while mustering cattle... A real good read.

Journal Entry 2 by lillymagoo from Northcote, Auckland Province New Zealand on Wednesday, November 14, 2007
This book is heading to Warwickshire, England as a RABCK for barby-girl ! Hope it gets there safe and sound :-)

Journal Entry 3 by barby-girl from Cropwell Bishop, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Friday, November 23, 2007
It's here....all in one piece, and in time for Christmas!

Thank you so much lillymagoo, what a lovely surprise to come home to after a hard day at work today :-)

I'm looking forward to reading this.

Journal Entry 4 by barby-girl from Cropwell Bishop, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Monday, February 18, 2008
This was a very interesting read, one can only imagine the hardships that Terry and her family went through in setting up their cattle station, however I did find her rather irritating in that she is just so bloody wonderful!

Home schooling the children, organising fund raisers and pantomimes 'over the air' before the one final performance in the flesh, seeing to the stock, administering to the help, caring for her injured husband...you name it, she does it!

On its way back to New Zealand to my F&G pal discoverylover. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by wingdiscoveryloverwing from Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Wednesday, February 27, 2008
I'm laughing that this book has made it from Auckland to Wellington, via the UK! It's all part of the journey I guess! Will add it to Mt.TBR!!

Thank you B-G!!!! *sending you one of those smiles I'm apparently known for!*

Journal Entry 6 by wingdiscoveryloverwing from Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Wednesday, March 18, 2009
What a wonderful book! Brings to mind the phrase 'if you need something done, ask a busy person'... I found parts of it a bit slow, although that may have had more to do with my mood than the book, as I really enjoyed the rest! What an amazing person :-)

I'm sending this on to someone else who's love for their family shines through their writing...hope you enjoy it!

Journal Entry 7 by wingdiscoveryloverwing at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Released 13 yrs ago (3/18/2009 UTC) at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand

On its way to Bookczuk - should be there in 4-10 working days.

Journal Entry 8 by wingbookczukwing from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, March 27, 2009
What a lovely surprise! And thanks for the kind words. Sometimes I fear my exasperation gets the better of my love for my family in my writing, so consider this positive reinforcement! I look forward to reading it at some point and then letting it go wander a bit more.

PS The choccies will be stolen, no doubt by that tiny one who is often the focus of my stories. And if she sees the little purse, she's sure to snag that, too. :) "Ohhh Shiny!" Thank you, again, for making my day and making me smile.

Journal Entry 9 by wingbookczukwing from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, October 14, 2009
I honestly didn't expect to enjoy this as much as I did, though I have to agree with barby-girl that Terry made me feel like a creep for getting irritated that she is so wonderful. But I know people like that in real life, and it's always heartening to see them break character and act like the rest of us clods. :)

I'll have to think carefully about how to next get this book travelling. I would normally wild release it, but having had such an illustrious group read it I may have to think of something special for it instead. Hmmmmm.....

Released 12 yrs ago (12/13/2009 UTC) at Panera Bread-5070 International Blvd in North Charleston, South Carolina USA

Brought to Meetup!

To the finder of this book:

Welcome to BookCrossing, a unique community of book lovers, sharing their libraries with the world. This book is now yours to read, enjoy, keep or pass on to another reader. The BookCrossing ID, which you entered in the "Enter a BCID" box on the website, is unique to this copy of this book. If you make a journal entry (either anonymously, or as a BookCrossing member) all previous readers of this actual book will be notified by email, and can follow the book as it travels. BookCrossing is free to join, completely confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and a heck of a lot of fun. Be on the lookout for other books left in the "Wild"!

PS And if you find yourself liking BookCrossing, Charleston has an active group of BookCrossers who meet monthly (second Sunday of the month) at various spots in the Tri-county area. Come join us! For more information, see our yahoo group here!

Journal Entry 11 by GeecheGirl from North Charleston, South Carolina USA on Wednesday, December 16, 2009
I caught this book at the Charleston meet-up on 12/13.