The Law of Love~

by Laura Esquivel (pvtcpy) | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingbookczukwing of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on 9/18/2007
Journal Entry 1 by wingbookczukwing from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, September 18, 2007
I must say that this really was unlike anything else I have ever read, but more because of the multimedia opportunities: straight-forward science fiction (ha!) graphic novel, poetry, arias and even an accompanying CD. Whoa!

A romance that covers a span of 14,000 past lives and a time period from Montezuma to the 23rd century-- and does it all in a plausible, manner. I'd just re-read Like Water For Chocolate and while on one hand the two novels seem so different, there is a similar touch of romance and whimsy the two share. Magical realism vs science fiction-- you be the judge.

Anyhow, once I got into the rhythm of things and was able to keep the characters straight, I really enjoyed this.

From the Publisher
The greatly anticipated new work from the author of the international bestseller Like Water for Chocolate tells a cosmic love story, a Mexican "Midsummer Night's Dream" that stretches from the fall of Montezuma's Mexico to the 23rd century. By including the music that so perfectly accompanies the story, this audio weaves and enchanting and enveloping spell that will absorb listeners in ways no novel ever has before.

Released 1 yr ago (12/11/2020 UTC) at Charleston County Library - Main Branch 75 Calhoun in Charleston, South Carolina USA

Clearing our bookshelves. Happy pandemic.
To the finder of this book:

Welcome to BookCrossing, a unique community of book lovers, sharing their libraries with the world. This book is now yours to read, enjoy, keep or pass on to another reader. The BookCrossing ID, which you entered in the "Enter a BCID" box on the website, is unique to this copy of this book. If you make a journal entry (either anonymously, or as a BookCrossing member) all previous readers of this actual book will be notified by email, and can follow the book as it travels. BookCrossing is free to join, completely confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and a heck of a lot of fun. Be on the lookout for other books left in the "Wild"!

If you find yourself liking BookCrossing, there may be local BookCrossers who meet regularly in your area. Come join us! I've been a BookCrosser since 2003 and have found books left by others, discovered new authors to read, watched my books travel all over the world, and discovered a delightful group of readers online through BookCrossing.

Clearing our bookshelves. Happy pandemic.
To the finder of this book: