Bones To Pick (#6 Sarah Booth Delaney)

by Carolyn Haines | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by NeedSun of Perth Road, Ontario Canada on 9/9/2007
Journal Entry 1 by NeedSun from Perth Road, Ontario Canada on Sunday, September 9, 2007
Sarah Booth Delaney is no shrinking violet. After all, the intrepid P.I. has been known to single-handedly save her family’s Mississippi plantation from developers, calmly converse with Dahlia House’s eccentric ghost, and even capture a killer or two. But when a local girl is found dead in a cotton field, it's enough to make a lady toss back a Bloody Mary before noon on Sunday.

Someone hated twenty-three-year-old Quentin McGee enough to hold her face down in the rich soil until she suffocated. The lawmen of Sunflower County think Quentin’s lover killed her—a shocking ending to their scandalous romance. When the suspect’s brother hires Sarah to prove his sibling innocent, Sarah quickly learns that the victim’s recently published exposé of her hometown had given the girl plenty of enemies. Rich, powerful, proud enemies.

Adding spice to the gumbo is the news that Quentin was due to inherit the family fortune the day after she was killed...and that a second book was in the works. As her client’s interest in her grows beyond the professional to the kinky, Sarah begins to yearn for simpler days and the affections of Sheriff Coleman Peters, who’s out of town trying to save his marriage.

The gossips are having a field day: illicit lovers, outraged families, fortunes hanging in the balance, slandered aristocrats. Everyone’s a suspect and no one is safe. For threatening notes have begun to arrive, notes just like the ones Quentin once received. And Sarah can feel in her bones that the killer isn’t quite finished…

Journal Entry 2 by NeedSun from Perth Road, Ontario Canada on Monday, November 12, 2007
This was a good addition to the series. Poor Sarah Booth with her messed up love life and Jitty's constant nagging. The mystery was a little predictable but still enjoyable to see that I guessed right very early in the book.

My daughter wants to read this book since she is quite a fan too. She named her cat Tinkie Bellcase.

Journal Entry 3 by NeedSun from Perth Road, Ontario Canada on Thursday, February 14, 2008
Sent to HallieK by surface mail today
Enjoy this RABCK!!!

Journal Entry 4 by HallieK from Austin, Texas USA on Monday, February 25, 2008
Yay! I can't wait to read this one. It's just what I need right now. Thanks so much for sharing this with me, NeedSun!!