The Lost Garden

by Helen Humphreys | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by PurpleElephant of Glastonbury, Somerset United Kingdom on 8/28/2007
Journal Entry 1 by PurpleElephant from Glastonbury, Somerset United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 28, 2007
I have a confession to make!
I picked this book up for my daughter's NSSBTSS partner but it looked so good I kind of ... found myself reading it. I don't know how it happened - Honest!
A truly poignant and touching book with some tender details.
I warn you, you might need a box off hankies at your side when you read this one!!
I know my mum will love this too. Think I'll get her a copy for Christmas!!
Sad to part with this one!!

Journal Entry 2 by PurpleTapirGirl from Glastonbury, Somerset United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Moved to Purpletapirgirl's bookshelf so she can pass on to her partner...

Journal Entry 3 by algylacey from Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 5, 2007
Arrived home today after a few days away and remembered it was NSS day and I could open my parcel!
Thank you very much PurpleTapirGirl.
I'm glad your Mum liked the book - it's making me look forward to reading it. I have wanted to read more books by Helen Humphreys ever since I read her novel 'Wild Dogs' - tell your Mum she might like that one too :-)
Yahoo isn't letting me into BCUK right now but I'll post a public thankyou tomorrow, for both books and the lovely parcel.

Journal Entry 4 by wilksie from Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 5, 2007
Grrr - that's what happens when I go away for a few days.
My daughter (AlgyLacey on Bookcrossing) logs into the computer under 'her' bookcrossing name and I post my thankyou without realising that she is logged in......and thoroughly confuse you. I'm very sorry - the parcel did come to the right person really :-)

Journal Entry 5 by wilksie from Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, October 1, 2007
Beautifully written with terrific descriptions. I loved the gardening and flowers theme throughout the book and how clever to tie it all with such huge themes of loneliness and loss.
Thankyou Purpletapirgirl for this book. I really enjoyed reading it :-)

Journal Entry 6 by wilksie from Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Sending to Iagegu, my NSSEBS partner as an extra.
I hope you like it :-)

Journal Entry 7 by Iagegu from Preston, Lancashire United Kingdom on Sunday, April 12, 2009
Thank you very much for this book and for the very generous parcel. Looks very interesting.