Circus of the Darned

by Katie Maxwell | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by karendawn of Lafayette, Indiana USA on 8/6/2007
Journal Entry 1 by karendawn from Lafayette, Indiana USA on Monday, August 6, 2007
I’ve given up all hope of having a normal life. As if things aren’t freaky enough traveling around Europe with a group of witches, mediums, and magicians who make up my home-away-from-home (aka the GothFaire), now I also have to cope with a mysterious man who wants to steal my horse, and a time-travel counselor who insists I’m Cleopatra reincarnated.

I just want to go on a date with Benedikt, but when your boyfriend’s a vampire, nothing is easy. Not only is Ben keeping secrets from me, but somehow, I raised an entire battlefield of warring Viking ghosts-- all of whom refuse to be sent back.

And I thought all I had to worry about was what to wear on my date...

Journal Entry 2 by karendawn from Lafayette, Indiana USA on Sunday, September 16, 2007
The book was going along just fine and then it ended. What I mean by that is the action was going and then boom, the pages ran out. No, it wasn't a printing error. Just a lot of build-up and very little pay off. Fran got rid of the Vikings much too easily, didn't really need to do much to deal with Loki, and didn't even get to her date with Ben. Plus, it's not clear what Loki has taken from her. *sigh* Obviously the book calls for a sequel (or a third book since this is the second), but from looking at the author's website, there are no current plans to continue with the series (though she would like to at some point in the future).

Journal Entry 3 by karendawn at on Sunday, September 16, 2007

Released 14 yrs ago (9/16/2007 UTC) at

on its way to KathyB

Journal Entry 4 by KathyB25 from Arlington, Texas USA on Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Received today from karendawn. Thanks so much!

Journal Entry 5 by KathyB25 from Arlington, Texas USA on Friday, November 16, 2007
On it's way to my partner in the St Nicholas Exchange

Journal Entry 6 by wss4 from Branford, Florida USA on Sunday, February 3, 2008
Just doing some cleaning in my library and ran across this box of books that KathyB sent to me for the St. Nikolas Exchange. I can not believe that I forgot to journal them. :yikes:

Thanks again for your generosity Kathy!! These books will be well enjoyed.