Wedding Bell Blues (Piper Cove Chronicles)

by Linda Windsor | Romance |
Registered by laura0141 of Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on 7/27/2007
Journal Entry 1 by laura0141 from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, July 27, 2007
Uncorrected proof copy

The Back of the Book

From the RWA Beacon Award-winning author and Christy Award Finalist comes Book One in the Piper Cove Chronicles.

Can a lost love be rekindled?

Alex is thrown into a tailpsin when Josh Turner waltzes back into town. The man who walked out on her sixteen years ago has returned to Piper Cove to be the best man in her younger sister's wedding. And to make matters worse he appears to have changed his ways. But Alex can't be distracted now ... her family has enlisted her to make this the wedding of the century. To pul off the shindig, she pools the talents of her three best friends - Jan, Ellen, and Sue Ann. These three women couldn't be more different, but they all work together, desperately trying to keep Alex on track. But fate won't be stopped in this small town as Alex and Josh keep running into each other at every turn. Can Alex forgive Josh and recognize the power of second chances? Or will old wounds prove too strong?

The Piper Cove Chronicles follows four women who grew up as best friends in a small community on the eastern shore of Maryland. They have returned home from their successes and failures at college and life, determined to pursue their dreams in the town they'd onc e vowed to leave in the dust. True love has eluded the four friends until, one by one, they encounter thier soul mate. This is the first book in the series.

Journal Entry 2 by laura0141 from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 23, 2007
I think this book is Christian Romance writing at its best. The characters are rounded and shown with their flaws as well as their strengths. The plot kept me guessing till the end with just enough details revealed to keep the pages turning at a nice pace. I'll definately be looking for the next in the series - For Pete's Sake.

Offered as BookRing.

Journal Entry 3 by laura0141 from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, October 26, 2007
BookRing:

anglersrest - UK - Intl
DeeOhTea - US - Intl
angela861 - US - Intl
BOKWORMY - Portugal - Intl (at End)
laura0141 - UK - ENDS

Journal Entry 4 by laura0141 from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, February 18, 2008
PMed anglersrest for addy.

Journal Entry 5 by laura0141 from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, February 23, 2008
On way to AnglersRest

Journal Entry 6 by AnglersRest from Teignmouth, Devon United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Arrived today; thanks for sending. Should be on the move within the next few weeks, as this is the fourth ring here!

Journal Entry 7 by AnglersRest from Teignmouth, Devon United Kingdom on Thursday, March 13, 2008
An interesting novel about four women whose school friendship continues into adulthood. Determined to be a success following the failure of her marriage, Alex is thrown together with her ex husband who is to be the best man at her sister's wedding. Both her and her ex husband soon realise that they still love each other.... A Christian theme runs through the book, and this was not especially off putting. Regardless,I enjoyed the book and hope I can read the second book in the Piper Cove Chronicles series.

I have the address for DeeOhTea, so in the post tomorrow (14th March) to travel across the pond. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 8 by DeeOhTea from North Providence, Rhode Island USA on Monday, March 24, 2008
Arrived today!
Am currently reading "Bel Canto" by Ann Patchett for my book club. As soon as I finish that one, I'll start this book:)

Journal Entry 9 by DeeOhTea from North Providence, Rhode Island USA on Tuesday, April 1, 2008
I started this book yesterday & found it difficult for me to get into. Today, my father has been admitted to the hospital:( I've decided to let this book move on to angela861.
It will go into tomorrow's mail.
Delivery Confirmation # 0306 1070 0001 5989 2157

Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 10 by angela861 from Chicago, Illinois USA on Tuesday, April 8, 2008
I received the book today. I have another book in front of it but will start it soon. Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 11 by angela861 from Chicago, Illinois USA on Wednesday, April 16, 2008
I finished the book this AM and I must admit that I really didn't get into this book. It never grabbed my attention so I often caught myself skimming and then trying to figure out what just happened. It wasn't horrible, just not my cup of tea.

Thank you for sharing, laura0141!

I have BOKWORMY's address and will drop it in the mail tomorrow.

Released 13 yrs ago (4/22/2008 UTC) at To the next participant in Bookring/Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada

Sorry for the delay. I kept getting to the post office late. I decided to actually take a lunch and enjoy our weather today!

Journal Entry 13 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Saturday, June 7, 2008
I can't believe I hadn't registered this... so sorry everyone!

I just couldn´t get into this one.

PMing next person on the list!

Journal Entry 14 by BOKWORMY on Thursday, June 12, 2008
I can't believe I hadn't registered this... so sorry everyone!

I just couldn´t get into this one.

PMing next person on the list!

Journal Entry 15 by BOKWORMY at on Thursday, June 12, 2008

Released 13 yrs ago (6/12/2008 UTC) at

On the way to laura0141 in Scotland!

Journal Entry 16 by laura0141 from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, June 28, 2008
Received with thanks to all who made this a successful Ring.

Offered on BookMooch.

Sale Box 2

Journal Entry 17 by laura0141 at Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, April 27, 2009

Released 12 yrs ago (4/27/2009 UTC) at Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom

Will be released to a charity shop.