The God of small things

by Arundhati ROY | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by batty14 of Schuylerville, New York USA on 7/22/2007
Journal Entry 1 by batty14 from Schuylerville, New York USA on Sunday, July 22, 2007
Picked up at book sale.

Journal Entry 2 by batty14 at Book Box, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, October 12, 2008

Released 13 yrs ago (10/15/2008 UTC) at Book Box, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Adding to Multicultural Box.

Journal Entry 3 by ladybug74 from Dothan, Alabama USA on Monday, November 17, 2008
I chose this book from Supertalya's Multicultural Fiction Bookbox.

Journal Entry 4 by ladybug74 from Dothan, Alabama USA on Saturday, January 17, 2009
I started reading this one, but just couldn't get into it. I see that it's a winner of the Booker prize and it's also on a lot of wishlists, so maybe someone else will enjoy it. I am reserving this book for sweetsangria's Water Bookbox.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amazon Editorial Review:
Southern India 1969. Here, armed only with the invincible innocence of children, Rahel and Esthappen fashion a childhood for themselves in the shade of the wreck that is their family: their lonely, lovely mother, who loves by night the same man her children adore by day...their blind grandmother, who plays Handel on her violin...their beloved uncle, A Rhodes Scholar pickle baron, radical Marxist, bottom-pincher...their enemy, an ex-nun and incumbent grandaunt...and the ghost of an imperial entomologist's moth. But when their English cousin and her mother arrive for a Christmas visit, the twins learn that things can change in an instant, thatlives can twist into new, ugly shapes, even cease forever. The brilliantly plotted story uncoils with an agonizing sense of foreboding and inevitability. Yet nothing prepares you for what lies at the heart of it.

Journal Entry 5 by ladybug74 at Book Box, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Released 12 yrs ago (2/10/2009 UTC) at Book Box, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

released into sweetsangria's Water Bookbox

Journal Entry 6 by sweetsangria from Estacada, Oregon USA on Monday, May 11, 2009
Came home in my "water bookbox". I've already read this so I'll find a new home for it.

Journal Entry 7 by sweetsangria from Estacada, Oregon USA on Friday, May 15, 2009
sending to Bascula as RABCK

Journal Entry 8 by wingBasculawing from Ridley Park, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, May 23, 2009
Thanks for the book, which arrived today. I had tried reading this one a while ago and just couldn't get into it, so it will go travelling.

Released to the bookcase in my office. Since no one took it after a number of weeks, it's going elsewhere.

Journal Entry 10 by wingBasculawing at Park House Coffee in Ridley Park, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, July 17, 2009

Released 12 yrs ago (7/17/2009 UTC) at Park House Coffee in Ridley Park, Pennsylvania USA

I left this book on the windowsill with the others.

To the finder: I hope you enjoy finding this book as much as I did releasing it!