A Perfect Obsession

by Caro Fraser | Entertainment |
Registered by Beqi of Daventry, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on 6/30/2007
Journal Entry 1 by Beqi from Daventry, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Saturday, June 30, 2007
Leo Davies QC - charismatic, attractive to men and women alike and sexually ambiguous - inspires powerful feelings. Feelings that sometimes border on obsession. There's Sarah - manipulative, scheming but sexy; Anthony, Leo's ex-pupil and close friend; Gideon, a civil servant on the make; and sweet, smitten Camilla, a junior lawyer in his chambers - to name but a few. Plenty of opportunities, then, for a ruthless, silver-haired sophisticate to have his fun. But Leo is beginning to feel rather jaded by his hedonistic lifestyle. Perhaps what he really needs is sincerity, honest emotion - love, even? Could it be that the legendarily cool and controlling Leo will fall? And, if so, for whom...?

Part of a series of books, all set in Caper Court. I think this is book five, after The Pupil, Judicial Whispers, An Immoral Code and A Hallowed Place.

Journal Entry 2 by Beqi from Daventry, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Yet another good read from the Caper Court series by Caro Fraser, although I wasn't *quite* so gripped with this one, for some reason! (It still gets eight out of ten though, so only a touch less gripping) Leo and Anthony have a fling at last, but I don't think the way Leo behaved afterwards is realistic, as he adored him before. Why would that stop so suddenly? I was also rather surprised by Leo's fondness for Camilla, although it seemed to make sense further on in the book. Perhaps this will be a relationship that lasts, although I doubt it! I hope Sarah gets her comeuppance as she's soooo spiteful. There's quite a cliffhanger at the end of the book, and although I have the next book I'm unable to start it as I have a bookring book I need to get started on! I can't wait to read 'A Calculating Heart' to find out what happens next. Always a sign of a good book .....

Journal Entry 3 by Beqi at Forest Cafe in Salcey Forest, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Thursday, August 14, 2008

Released 13 yrs ago (8/16/2008 UTC) at Forest Cafe in Salcey Forest, Northamptonshire United Kingdom

Taking to the BC meet at Salcey Forest on Saturday 16th August. Could be wild released in the forest if not taken from the availables table!

Journal Entry 4 by droogie from Nottingham, not specified not specified on Sunday, August 17, 2008
Picked up for holiday reading next week, thank you!

Journal Entry 5 by droogie from Nottingham, not specified not specified on Wednesday, September 10, 2008
An enjoyable read though it didn't especially seem to go anyway, it was a nice journey not getting there!

Left outside a lecture theatre in the Roger Stevens building at Leeds University after I finished it during the ALT-C conference today. Hopefully a learning technologist will like the Web 2.0 aspects of reading Bookcrossing can bring