Diana In Private: The Princess Nobody Knows

by Lady Colin Campbell | Biographies & Memoirs | This book has not been rated.
Registered by redhot-brat of Delavan, Minnesota USA on 5/5/2007
Journal Entry 1 by redhot-brat from Delavan, Minnesota USA on Saturday, May 5, 2007
Reviewer: D. Rizzo
United States

I read most royalty books I can get my hands on and I like this one. Why? It's not sensationalized, it's frank. The author is a peripheral part of the circles of people of whom she speaks. She is fairly even handed, without "poor princessing" as much as most other Diana books do... and she has marked compassion for the dubiously-perceived Prince of Wales. Maybe she doesn't get everything right -- who can say for sure? -- but I have the feeling she is much RIGHTER than wrong in this chronicle of Diana, and I think we readers owe it to Charles and to Diana herself to attempt to see them in a balanced perspective.
This book was published in 1992 at the time of the Waleses de facto separation (they separated formally in December of that year) and five years previous to the former late princess's death in a car crash in Paris (August, 1997).

Reserving for a friend