Deception Point

by Dan Brown | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by freelunch of Cairns, Queensland Australia on 4/18/2007
Journal Entry 1 by freelunch from Cairns, Queensland Australia on Wednesday, April 18, 2007
A shocking scientific discovery. A conspiracy of staggering brilliance. A thriller unlike any you've ever read....

When a NASA satellite discovers an astonishingly rare object buried deep in the Arctic ice, the floundering space agency proclaims a much-needed victory -- a victory with profound implications for NASA policy and the impending presidential election. To verify the authenticity of the find, the White House calls upon the skills of intelligence analyst Rachel Sexton. Accompanied by a team of experts, including the charismatic scholar Michael Tolland, Rachel travels to the Arctic and uncovers the unthinkable: evidence of scientific trickery -- a bold deception that threatens to plunge the world into controversy. But before she can warn the president, Rachel and Michael are ambushed by a team of assassins. Fleeing for their lives across a desolate and lethal landscape, their only hope for survival is to discover who is behind this masterful plot. The truth, they will learn, is the most shocking deception of all.

Journal Entry 2 by freelunch from Cairns, Queensland Australia on Sunday, September 16, 2007
selected by tantan from VBB Oz

Journal Entry 3 by tantan from Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, October 2, 2007
Received from freelunch - many thanks!! I've only read The Da Vinci Code so far (and I did enjoy it), but my husband has read and enjoyed a few others by Dan Brown so this is really for both of us. It's going on to the TBR mountain.

Journal Entry 4 by tantan at Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, November 29, 2022
I finished reading this on 22/11/2022. I find Brown's writing style a bit annoying, but on the whole enjoyed the book.

Journal Entry 5 by tantan at Melbourne Central Little Library in Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Released 2 mos ago (11/30/2022 UTC) at Melbourne Central Little Library in Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 6 by wingmarmee463wing at Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Wednesday, December 7, 2022
Caught today at Melbourne Central Little Library. A Dan Brown I haven't read, terrific...

Journal Entry 7 by wingmarmee463wing at Dellas Avenue Street Library in Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Saturday, December 10, 2022

Released 1 mo ago (12/10/2022 UTC) at Dellas Avenue Street Library in Templestowe, Victoria Australia

To the finder of this book -
Please let me know it is in safe hands by journalling that you have caught it, you are under no obligation to read it and Bookcrossing is completely anonymous.

Journal Entry 8 by genrek at Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Saturday, December 24, 2022
Not too bad with NASA bursting into prominence but gradually fading with the Presidents adversary for the upcoming elections performing brilliantly ( also a bit off, even mentioning coffee 5 times in a couple of pages). Just an OK read.

Journal Entry 9 by wingmarmee463wing at McDonald's Book Exchange Shelf in Nunawading, Victoria Australia on Monday, December 26, 2022

Released 1 mo ago (12/26/2022 UTC) at McDonald's Book Exchange Shelf in Nunawading, Victoria Australia

To the finder of this book -