Rose Cottage

by Mary Stewart | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingmaryzeewing of Taneytown, Maryland USA on 3/30/2007
Journal Entry 1 by wingmaryzeewing from Taneytown, Maryland USA on Friday, March 30, 2007
Picked up this book by a well-loved author at Goodwill, for BC.

From the cover -
At the request of her beloved grandmother, war widow Kate Herrick returns to the idyllic English countryside and the tiny thatched dwelling of her childhood, Rose Cottage, where she must retrieve some valuable papers hidden in a secret safe. Yet Kate is intrigued to discover the mysterious documents have been stolen.
While eccentric villagers buzz with sightings of strange lights and ghostly apparitions around Rose Cottage, Kate uncovers a web of family resentment, jealousy, and revenge as tangled as the rambling vines in its garden. The twisted trail leads to a stunning revelation that opens the door to her own shrouded past - and an unexpected chance at love...

Journal Entry 2 by wingmaryzeewing at Rest Stop on US 15S in Emmitsburg, Maryland USA on Friday, April 6, 2007

Released 15 yrs ago (4/6/2007 UTC) at Rest Stop on US 15S in Emmitsburg, Maryland USA

Left this in a BC bag, on top of the stack of free booklets in the rack in the foyer of the Welcome Center.

This is my 6th release for the 2007 52 Weeks/52 Towns challenge.

Journal Entry 3 by readngo from Hummelstown, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, April 10, 2007
My first "capture" of a book. I like Mary Stewart, so I am sure I will enjoy this book. I "found" this book on 4/7/07 at the exact spot where MaryZee released it the day before. As soon as I have finished it, I will release it, and plan to share BookCrossing with my bookgroup and other friends who love to read. What a wonderful concept!

Journal Entry 4 by readngo from Hummelstown, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, July 24, 2007
I shared this fun book with a number of friends. When one of them took off for vacation to Copenhaven, Denmark, we all agreed that this book should also take a vacation abroad. My friend 'released' Rose Garden in the lounge of Hotel Cab in Copenhaven on June 16, 2007. When I captured the book, it was in a clear bag and had a bookmark describing Book Crossing, so she put the book back into the bag and included the bookmark. Hopefully, it will be caught soon.