MuggleNet.com's What Will Happen in Harry Potter 7: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Falls in Love and How Will the Adventure Finally End?

Registered by LadyKnightNiko of Liberty Township, Ohio USA on 1/9/2007
Journal Entry 1 by LadyKnightNiko from Liberty Township, Ohio USA on Tuesday, January 9, 2007
tbr

Journal Entry 2 by LadyKnightNiko from Liberty Township, Ohio USA on Thursday, January 11, 2007
I had so much fun reading this book! I loved how a bunch of the things I had noticed popped up (the socks that are everywhere, for instance), and I loved hearing about my own theories as well as others out there I hadn't thought of. I can't wait for book 7 to see what comes true!

Journal Entry 3 by LadyKnightNiko from Liberty Township, Ohio USA on Wednesday, February 14, 2007
I've decided, after being contacted by Geegal, to make this into a bookring (CLOSED).

Rules, etc:
1. You have 3 weeks to read it. It's a relatively short book, and 3 weeks is enough amount of time to get it done and mailed out.
2. If things get hectic and you need to be moved down in the list, pm me and let me know. =)
3. You MUST be willing to ship internationally in order to participate.
4. PM the next person on the list when you are HALFWAY done with the book for their information. If they are not responsive after one week, pm me and I'll figure out what to do. Also, please try and get a shipping confirmation number.
5. If you wish to participate, post below. I have every right to deny you admission (which will probably not happen) if I have substantial reason to.
6. Journal this book when you receive it, and when you mail it off again. You can add your thoughts into the same journal as when you release, but this way everyone can keep track of the book. =)
7. Happy reading, and have fun! =)

PARTICIPANTS:

1. Geegal (Hamburg, Germany)
2. azuki (Florida, USA)
3. MoonBeam056 (South Carolina, USA)
4. darkpunkangel (Canada)
5. retromonkey (UK)
6. emac52 (Greater Manchester, UK)
7. rebel-padawan (Minnesota, USA)
8. vampirequeen (West Midlands, UK)
9. home to me (Ohio, USA)-IT'S HERE 14.7.07

Journal Entry 4 by LadyKnightNiko at mail in Mail, By Mail/Post/Courier -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, February 22, 2007

Released 14 yrs ago (2/23/2007 UTC) at mail in Mail, By Mail/Post/Courier -- Controlled Releases

putting this in the mail tomorrow (hopefully, if the weather isn't bad).

Journal Entry 5 by Geegal on Thursday, March 1, 2007
Yay it's here. And only after 6 days. Great. I have already started reading the book. It shouldn't take too long, so I am pming azuki for their addy!
Thank you soo much LadyKnightNiko for turning this book into a ring!!

Journal Entry 6 by Geegal on Monday, March 12, 2007
I really enjoyed reading this book. It’s great that these 5 Fan Experts from mugglenet.com wrote the book together, rather than submitting several essays on different topics. There are a lot of statements and theories that I could agree with but I wasn't convinced by all of the theories and predictions.

Chapter 4, „Dumbledore“, argues whether Dumbeldore is really dead or not. I think that Dumbledore was talking pleasantly to both Draco and later to the other Death Eaters because he was planning to die or knew that his time of dying had come. While reading book 6 I felt that because of Dumbledore’s dead hand the rest of his body was slowly getting weaker as well. Also the urgency behind his *private lessons* for Harry were suspicious. Maybe Snape had been trying to strengthen Dumbledore’s health for the whole year but couldn’t cure him entirely? Did Dumbledore know that he would eventually die of this wound? The poison in the cave was probably also meant to kill. Dumbledore wanted Harry to bring him to Snape who would have perhaps saved Dumbledore again, but in the meantime Draco had managed to get the Death Eaters inside Hogwarts so that the situation became unexpectantly desperate on the Astronomy Tower. Dumbledore knew about the Unbreakable Vow Snape had made and hence knew that Draco’s task was to kill him. And if Draco didn’t manage to kill him, Snape would have to do it. Had neither of them killed Dumbledore, both would have died. Draco would have been killed by Lord Voldemort or one of the Death Eaters and Snape would have been killed magically because of the Unbreakable Vow. And perhaps more importantly Dumbledore and Harry would have lost the last secret ally among Voldemort’s people (meaning Snape). So Dumbledore really sacrificed himself similarly to Ron’s self-sacrifice in that chess game at the end of book1. Dumbledore knew his time was up – the hand injury had weakened him so that nothing would cure him completely and now it was probably also too late to save him from the poison he drank in the cave. Dumbledore had also taught Harry as much as it was necessary to go after the Horcruxes and it was most important to keep Snape alive and very close to Voldemort to give Harry a last ally when he faces Voldemort eventually. No, I think Dumbeldore is really, really dead. When he says “Severus, please” he actually meant that Snape should blast him off the Tower, which also explains why the Killing Curse looked to different from all the Killing Curses we have seen so far in the series. Perhaps because Snape didn’t really want to kill Dumbledore he blasted him off the tower because his Aveda Kedavra curse wouldn’t have worked anyways.

I agree with Chapter 5 “Neville’s Destiny”, but why wasn’t Neville then injured or killed during that attack if he had witnessed it? I know that it seems that Bellatrix seems like Neville’s worst enemy but what about her husband and the other Death Eater who was convicted? Also who tipped Bellatrix and the others off? Shouldn’t Neville fight these people beside Bellatrix, too?

About Chapter 6, which is about Draco: I agree that he isn’t really Death Eater material in the first place and that Lord Voldemort only gave him the task to kill Dumbledore to punish Lucius because Voldemort knew that Draco would fail anyway. The chapter also quite nicely explains that Draco in fact also made his choices to become like his parents, spoilt and full of prejudice. Sirius and Andromeda (Tonks’mother) also grew up in similar families but they weren’t convinced by the prejudices and snobbish attitudes they were taught. Instead they became rebels and turned their backs to the dark art and pure blood mania. Draco, however, never questioned anything and chose to follow the seemingly easier path of his parents. And I also agree with the statement that Draco is also not entirely selfish. He is afraid for his parents’ well being which does show that he knows what love is. The writers then point out that Draco has 4 options what to do next. He can leave the Death Eaters and seek help from the Order, which he and his family might be too proud of doing. He can turn into a spy for the Order, for which he is, however, too much of a coward. He can leave the Death Eaters and hide himself without any help, which he wouldn’t survive for long (similarly to Karkaroff). Or he remains a faithful Death Eater, which Voldemort perhaps wouldn’t even want him to be as Draco would never be a useful Death Eater (because he proved that he couldn’t kill people). The prediction for Draco is that he will whether he hides from Voldemort or returns he most definitely will be killed. I think however, that Snape is still responsible for Draco’s well-being. He took the Unbreakable vow. If Draco faces Voldemort together with Snape, Draco will be protected by Snape. And since Snape is probably going to be Voldemort’s best Death Eater, Voldemort might spare Draco because if he harms Draco, Snape is also going to die. So my prediction for Draco’s immediate future in Book 7 isn’t as grim the mugglenet people have described. Also, Narcissa's Unbreakable Vow with Snape wouldn't make sense, especially the third part of it (that Snape promises to fulfill Draco’s task if necessary).If Voldemort punishes Draco for not being able to commit the murder by killing Draco, then what was the point of his mother’s efforts? Narcissa must have been aware that Voldemort would kill her son if he weren’t able to fulfill his task, so why didn’t she phrase the vow differently?

I also didn’t like some parts in the chapter about Snape. The writers predict that Snape had made one Unbreakable Vow before he made the one with Narcissa. They say that Dumbledore made an Unbreakable Vow with Snape by bounding his loyalties with the ones of the order. And by making the second Unbreakable Vow with Narcissa later Snape is now involved in two contradictory Unbreakable Vows because by swearing to kill Dumbledore he clearly promised to do something that totally went against the Order’s advantages, which makes this possibility of a first Unbreakable Vow actually quite unconvincing. And I, however, think that it’s beneath Dumbledore to tie one of his people with an Unbreakable Vow to him. I think his reason for trusting Snape must be something stronger than a Vow that threatens to kill Snape’s life. Snape also doesn’t seem the type who’d fear death of all things. I think he is on the good side and his main goal is to get rid of Voldemort and that’s what’s driving him and his double, triple agent activities.

Released 14 yrs ago (3/10/2007 UTC) at by mail in To the next participant, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Book was sent to Florida on Saturday. I hope everyone else on this bookring will enjoy the book as much as I did.

Journal Entry 8 by wingAzukiwing from Miami, Florida USA on Sunday, March 18, 2007
Yesterday the owl came by and delivered this book. How delightful! I started on it immediately, feeling a bit guilty as I do have quite a few bookrings ahead of this one and I usually read them in order. But then, I know everybody wants to read this before The Deadly Hallows come out right?

While some information I have read already on Mugglenet, (esp the one about Dumbledore - although I am still entitled to believe what I choose to believe...) it's still interesting to read them in a book format and also glean some new idea.

ETA: Finished reading and will send it out with the owl today. Can't wait for the book to come out and meanwhile, the book has encouraged me to re-read the earlier volumes, to catch all the clues I've missed.

Journal Entry 9 by MoonBeam056 from Pawleys Island, South Carolina USA on Saturday, March 24, 2007
This arrived on Friday afternoon (Thanks for sending such a fast owl Azuki!)and I finished it that same day. It's a very quick, easy read. I've PM'd Darkpunkangel for her address and will get this back on its way as soon as I hear back from her.
Most of the theories here I'd heard or read before already, but it was still nice to have all the info to back everything up right there in one place. And it was a great way to review before Book 7. Made me excited about re-reading all the Potters before July! I should probably get started on that, huh? Anyway, thanks for sharing LadyKnightNiko!

Journal Entry 10 by darkpunkangel from Barrie, Ontario Canada on Thursday, April 5, 2007
Thank you, came yesterday. Since it was really good, I read it in one whole day. the theories were really good in the book and it got me think a lot but what could happen in Book 7. I'm currently re-reading the previous books for the anticipation the the 7th.

I'm going to PM retromonkey for their address and I'll send it ASAP.

Journal Entry 11 by darkpunkangel from Barrie, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, April 17, 2007
It's now on its way to the next person, sorry for the delay.

Journal Entry 12 by retromonkey from Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Received by the owl post yesterday. Have started reading it already, and am now drooling with anticipation for the last Harry Potter book. Not too long to wait now!

Journal Entry 13 by retromonkey from Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 2, 2007
A fantastic book with lots of facts in it and direct quotes from Rowling gathered over the years. It was a nice refresher, as it's been a while since I read the last Harry Potter. I can't wait for the last instalment! Have posted off to emac52 today.

Journal Entry 14 by emac52 from Salford, Greater Manchester United Kingdom on Friday, May 4, 2007
Received this book with this morning's post from retromonkey. I can't wait to start reading it - I'm just greatful that this is a 3-day weekend! Hope to get it finished and on it's way to the next person asap!

Journal Entry 15 by emac52 from Salford, Greater Manchester United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 8, 2007
I can't wait for July now. Not only will we be able to see the next filmed installment, but we'll finally get to discover just how accurate all of our own little thoughts and theories are. I really enjoyed reading this little book - it was a great way to review just what is happening in the saga, as well as a useful tool in trying to decide what will happen next.

Thanks LadyKnightNiko for sharing this with us all.

(I've asked the next reader for their address and will be dispatching by owl just as soon as I have the details!)

Journal Entry 16 by emac52 at on Thursday, May 10, 2007

Released 14 yrs ago (5/11/2007 UTC) at

I've now got rebel-padawan's address so this will be winging its way back over the Atlantic to her with Friday's post. Enjoy!

ETA: I didn't have time to get to the post office on Friday, however it did go out in Saturday's mail instead.

Journal Entry 17 by rebel-padawan from Redlake, Minnesota USA on Thursday, May 17, 2007
Was very surprised at the fast owl sent to me from across the pond.I've already started this one even though I am in the middle of several others! But since I am still recovering from surgery, I have time to pass.
Thanks a bunch!
Will owl this out ASAP!

Journal Entry 18 by rebel-padawan from Redlake, Minnesota USA on Friday, May 18, 2007
I just finished this book, having spent the last few hours reading it. I was surprised at myself for actually sticking to a Potter-esqe book as I haven't touched Harry Potter in the nearly two years since HBP came out. The same thing happened when I read OOTP too, didn't touch a HP book for years. So I am thinking that with my completed reading of Deathly Hallows, I will never read Harry Potter again. Sad too, as I loved the series all the way to OOTP, so maybe someday in the future, as this book suggests, I will be able to look back and say..."Yes, I attended those midnight Potter orgies." The last one was a huge fest of Potter fiends dressed in capes and wizard wear eating "pumpkin pasties" and "cauldrun cakes" and "pumpkin juice" at midnight in the middle of an otherwise empty mall. :)
While reading I was very peaved with the constant belief that Harry is a Horcrux, I'm on the against side of that, for simple and all too complicated reasons. However, I am a firm subscriber to the Dumbledore is not Dead! theory, as a coworker and I have very lengthy discussions to wether or not it is possible. I have had my HP 7 copy reserved since December, and will most likely attend "one last" midnight launch.
I'm sure I am looking forward as all people are, with much excitement and a little dread, at the end of the adventure.

Released 14 yrs ago (5/18/2007 UTC) at mailing to a fellow bookcrosser in Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Sending this owl back across the pond with this book, wracking up it's travelling miles.
Happy trails little book!

Journal Entry 20 by vampirequeen from Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Arrived by owl last Friday, but my internet is down atm, so haven't been on. Looks good read bout half of it already.

EDIT- Very good like the theories, mostly anyway, I just hate the 'Harry is a horcrux' theory.
posted back home 6/7/07

Journal Entry 21 by LadyKnightNiko from Liberty Township, Ohio USA on Saturday, July 14, 2007
This found it's way home today. Thank you everyone for participating!!!

Released 14 yrs ago (7/15/2007 UTC) at - By Hand in Given To A Friend, Friend -- Controlled Releases

Giving this to a good friend of mine who is also a Harry Potter fan.