Water for Elephants

by Sara Gruen | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Heartbecca of Payson, Arizona USA on 12/29/2006
Journal Entry 1 by Heartbecca from Payson, Arizona USA on Friday, December 29, 2006
This book is well written and very engaging, however, as an animal lover, it was difficult to read. There are not many scenes, but a few wherein I had to keep reminding myself this was only fiction.

The ending was somewhat predictable, but the mystery was how it would happen. I knew it was coming, but the way the author wove the story held my interest.

I read this book in just 3 evenings - a world record in speed for me - partly because it was so good and partly because I wanted to hurry up and be done with it so I wouldn't have to worry about the parts that caused me such great emotional pain.

I suppose that is the mark of a great book to envoke such strong emotion.

Released 15 yrs ago (12/29/2006 UTC) at Mesa View Regional Hospital Emergency Waiting Room in Mesquite, Nevada USA

I am gald to see this book move along - it was an excellent book, but as you can see from my journal entry, it was difficult for me to read.

I left it in the emergency department lobby in hopes that someone from out of town will find something to take their mind off their emergency and have an engaging read for the remainder of their trip through Nevada.