The Night of Four Hundred Rabbits

by Elizabeth Peters | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by KML of Charlotte, North Carolina USA on 11/11/2006
Journal Entry 1 by KML from Charlotte, North Carolina USA on Saturday, November 11, 2006
From the back cover:

"An unexpected "gift" has arrived for Carol Farley this Christmas: an envelope bearing a newspaper clipping and no return address. There, blurred but unmistakable, is a photo of a man missing for years and feared dead—Carol's father. It is a siren calling her to a world she has never known, to a place of ancient majesty and blood-chilling terror. Now, surrounded by towering pyramids on Mexico City's Walk of the Dead, a frightened yet resolute young woman searches for a perilous truth and for the beloved parent she thought was gone forever. But there are dark secrets lurking in the shadows of antiquity, a conspiracy she never imagined...and enemies who are determined that Carol Farley will not leave Mexico alive."

It all sounds very exciting, but this is a reissue of some early Elizabeth Peters. Her later work, especially the Amelia Peabody series, is far better. And I think that familiarity with her other books led to higher expectations when I picked this one up, and so to harsher judgment when it wasn't as good as I had come to expect. I'm sure that this book will find a reader who enjoys it more than I did ...

Journal Entry 2 by KML at Sheetz - Corner of Rt 33 and Vine St in Harrisonburg, Virginia USA on Monday, January 1, 2007

Released 15 yrs ago (12/28/2006 UTC) at Sheetz - Corner of Rt 33 and Vine St in Harrisonburg, Virginia USA

On the towel dispenser in the ladies' room ...

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Friday, July 13, 2007
I was surprised about the drugs that were discussed but then when I looked at the published date of 1971 it made sense.

CAUGHT IN CANCUN QUINTANA ROO MEXICO

Journal Entry 4 by colliemomof5 from Italy, Texas USA on Tuesday, January 27, 2009
I caught the book at a rest are along I-80 near Toledo. I thought it was lost, but found out it was a bookcrossing book. I love the idea, wish there were more of them around!
It's with me in Texas right now, and I will take it to the nearest rest area and release it when done.

CAUGHT IN TOLEDO OHIO USA