Animal Farm

by George Orwell, Russell Baker | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by BruceAlexander of Ruidoso, New Mexico USA on 10/27/2006
Journal Entry 1 by BruceAlexander from Ruidoso, New Mexico USA on Friday, October 27, 2006
A farm is taken over by its overworked, mistreated animals. With flaming idealism and stirring slogans, they set out to create a paradise of progress, justice, and equality. Thus the stage is set for one of the most telling satiric fables ever penned - a razor-edged fairy tale for grown-ups that records the evolution from revolution against tyranny to a totalitarianism just as terrible. When "Animal Farm" was first published fifty years ago, Stalinist Russia was seen as its target. Today it is devastatingly clear that wherever and whenever freedom is attacked, under whatever banner, the cutting clarity and savage comedy of George Orwell's masterpiece has a meaning and message still ferociously fresh.

Journal Entry 2 by BruceAlexander at United States Post Office Off Hwy 231 in Fountain, Florida USA on Saturday, October 6, 2007

Released 14 yrs ago (10/6/2007 UTC) at United States Post Office Off Hwy 231 in Fountain, Florida USA

Journal Entry 3 by fluffydog from Seminole, Florida USA on Saturday, October 10, 2009
I've got the book!! It had been thrown away :(
I love this book so I a m reading it again and then releasing it. Hope someone who gets it finds it as interesting as I.