Cuts

by Richard Laymon | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by dastephan6 of Lawrence, Massachusetts USA on 3/25/2008
Journal Entry 1 by dastephan6 from Lawrence, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, March 25, 2008
bought from boarders with a gift card i recieved for my birthday.

Journal Entry 2 by dastephan6 from Lawrence, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, April 10, 2008
This is my very first bookray! Send a PM if you are interested in joining. The bookray will be U.S. only at this time.

1. Please journal as soon as you receive the book and again after you read it and mail it to the next person. This will help everyone else keep up with the book's current location.
2. Put the book at the top of your TBR pile (after the book that you are currently reading and any other rings/rays that arrived before this one.)
3. If you don't think you will be able to read this book within a reasonable time (approx. 1 month to 6 weeks max.) after receiving it, please let me know before the book is mailed to you. I will be happy to move your name down on the list if needed.
4. After you read the book, please PM the next person on the list for their address. If you get the next person's address from RABCK.com, you may want to PM them just to ensure that the address has not changed.
5. Mail the book to the next person on the list using the cheapest shipping method available.
6. PM me if you have any problems with contacting the next person so I can help with trying to contact her/him.
7. The last person to receive the book may pass it on to another member or wild release the book. All that I ask is for the book to be passed on for someone else to read, but not to be sold.

Here's where the book will be traveling. I reserve the right to change the order if needed.
dastephan6--MA
ladybug74--AL
Camethyste--Washington
perryfran--MD
prollacct--Pennsylvania

COMPLETED!!!

Journal Entry 3 by dastephan6 from Lawrence, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, April 26, 2008
wow! this was my first book by this author and i can't wait to read more by him.

the book begins in th 1970s. it follows al as he makes his way across country killing people. the book also follows a few teachers of an area high school. eventaully, al and the teachers meet up and there is an amazing fight. the endind of the book will leave you saying "wow". i just can't figure out why janet did what she did, or why lisa did what she did.

Journal Entry 4 by dastephan6 at Book Relay in Book Relay, A Book Relay -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, April 27, 2008

Released 13 yrs ago (4/28/2008 UTC) at Book Relay in Book Relay, A Book Relay -- Controlled Releases

being sent to slocomb, AL in a book ray.

Journal Entry 5 by ladybug74 from Dothan, Alabama USA on Friday, May 2, 2008
I received this bookray book today in the mail. I will start reading it tonight! Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 6 by ladybug74 from Dothan, Alabama USA on Tuesday, May 6, 2008
I was a bit disappointed by this book. Reading it was like switching back and forth between two different books. There is the story of Albert, a teenage boy who goes across the country killing people. He has a preference for cutting up pretty women. The other part is about the intertwined lives of a group of teachers and their affairs with each other. I kept waiting and expecting the 2 stories to become one at some point, but it didn't happen until near the end of the book and even then it wasn't that great. All in all, this book was okay, but not what I expected from Richard Laymon. I would have been much more interested in it without the story line about the teachers. Be warned that some parts of this book are pretty graphic and explicit. I have already PMd Camethyste for her address, so I'll get this in the mail to her right away.

Mailed to Camethyste, the next participant in the bookray.

Journal Entry 8 by Camethyste from Vancouver, Washington USA on Tuesday, May 13, 2008
I got this in the mail on Saturday and haven't managed to get to the computer til now. I've already finished it and will send it on shortly!

The story was interesting and very bloody. One thing that really bothered me was the way it switched from one character to another, there were so many different characters, it was hard to keep track of them all. I was kind of confused about Janet's last part in the story. Lisa....well....that was certainly interesting!

Journal Entry 9 by Camethyste at Vancouver, Washington USA on Friday, May 16, 2008

Released 13 yrs ago (5/16/2008 UTC) at Vancouver, Washington USA

Finally able to get to the post office to mail... and it will be on its way today!

Journal Entry 10 by wingperryfranwing from Elk Grove, California USA on Monday, May 19, 2008
Received in today's mail. Thanks for including me in this bookray! I love Laymon. I have a few bookring books in front of this but hope to get to it soon.

Journal Entry 11 by wingperryfranwing from Elk Grove, California USA on Friday, May 30, 2008
Another typical Laymon horror novel with lots of blood, sex, and gore. I have read several Laymon novels and I would say this one probably ranks somewhere in the middle of the ones I have read (I enjoyed "The Stake" probably the most). It falls into Laymon's killer slasher books and is similar to "Come Out Tonight" and "Island." As stated in other entrys, I too was not sure about Janet's and Lisa's motivations at the end of the book. To me the biggest flaw, however, was that Albert's motivations are never really explained. This book is definitely not for the squeamish!

I have prollacct's address and will get this book in the mail today. Thanks dastephan6 for including me in this bookray!

Released 13 yrs ago (5/30/2008 UTC) at To the next participant in Bookring/Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada

On its way to Philly, PA to continue this ray. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 13 by prollacct from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Received safely and will begin shortly. Thank you for including me in this ray.

Journal Entry 14 by prollacct from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, June 11, 2008
I think this was one of the most gruesome of Laymon's that I've read so far, although I've read maybe half of his books in print (thanks to the Laymon trading group, RIP). Although he's written more sexually graphic ones than this. I was a little disappointed that Lester's death had no follow-up. There were several lives intertwined with his. I was quite excited when I saw the direction Lisa was taking in the end; it's definitely not what I was expecting. This is available for trade or RABCK, unless I wild release.

Journal Entry 15 by prollacct from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, July 26, 2008
This is being passed on as a RABCK to another BC'er and will be dropped in the mail on Monday.

Journal Entry 16 by guinaveve from Mason, Ohio USA on Thursday, August 7, 2008
Thank you! I love getting these well traveled books. I haven't read anything by Laymon, but I look forward to trying it out.

Journal Entry 17 by guinaveve at Colors Cafe in Mason, Ohio USA on Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Released 12 yrs ago (1/22/2009 UTC) at Colors Cafe in Mason, Ohio USA

On the shelf

Journal Entry 18 by wingColorsCafeMasonwing from Mason, Ohio USA on Wednesday, January 21, 2009
On the shelf