Winston's War

by Michael Dobbs | History | This book has not been rated.
Registered by beekeeper40 of Hoveton, Norfolk United Kingdom on 8/10/2006
Journal Entry 1 by beekeeper40 from Hoveton, Norfolk United Kingdom on Thursday, August 10, 2006
"Winston's War is a masterful blending of imagination and compelling fact that places the reader at the right hand of the most momentous events in our history.

Saturday 1 October 1938. Two men meet. One is elderly, the other in his tewnties. One will become the most revered man of his time, and the other known as the greatest of traitors.

Winston Churchill met Guy Burgess at a moment when the world was about to explode. Now in his astonishing new novel, Michael Dobbs throws brilliant fresh light upon Churchill's relationship with the Soviet spy and the twenty months of conspiracy, chance and outright treachery that were to propel Churchill from outcast to messiah and change the course of history."

Released 14 yrs ago (7/16/2007 UTC) at to a bookcrosser in by mail release, A book trade -- Controlled Releases

Mailed to Elphaba71 in a trade - Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by Elphaba71 from Bingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Received from Beekeeper40

Released 13 yrs ago (6/15/2008 UTC) at Winston Churchill's Statue in City of Westminster, Greater London United Kingdom

Leaving near Winston Churchill :o)

Started reading this a few days ago, am enjoying it it's really bringing history to life. So I brought my own copy for my permanant collection, and will write a full review in a few days when I've finished it.