The Autograph Man

by Zadie Smith | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by futurecat of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 7/15/2006
Journal Entry 1 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, July 15, 2006
From Dunedin's fabulous Regent 24-hour booksale. I orignally thought about reading it, but I didn't enjoy White Teeth, and haven't heard great reviews of this one.

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 2 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, July 15, 2006
Given to another bookcrosser at today's meetup.

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 3 by alkaline-kiwi from Auckland, Auckland Province New Zealand on Sunday, July 16, 2006
I got this off the very cool FutureCat at today's meetup.
It looked like an interesting book and the whole thing about autographs makes me think of my own autographed stuff. Gig posters, CDs, postcards etc.
Now on to the now fast growing TBR pile though hopefully it won't stay there for too long.

Journal Entry 4 by alkaline-kiwi from Auckland, Auckland Province New Zealand on Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Overall I thought this was a pretty good book though there was a short time when I was starting to lose interest and considering giving the book up though I decided to stick with it.
My attention returning when Alex got to New York.

The parts about the autograph trade were kind of interesting. I got a bit of a laugh out of the comparison between Rubinfine as a 15 year old smart ass at the start of the book and Rabbi Rubinfine fifteen years later. And Alex's answers to the hotel survey made me laugh a little - monkey butlers anyone?

I think I'll take this book to the meetup in Greymouth next month. If its not picked up then I'm sure I'll be able to find somewhere to release it.

Journal Entry 5 by VeganMedusa from Invercargill, Southland New Zealand on Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Thank you alkaline-kiwi. I quite enjoyed On Beauty and this sounds interesting.

Journal Entry 6 by VeganMedusa at Rotary Book Sale in Invercargill, Southland New Zealand on Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Released 4 yrs ago (5/1/2018 UTC) at Rotary Book Sale in Invercargill, Southland New Zealand

Having a clear-out and trying to be realistic about what I'll ever get around to reading. Passing this on for someone else to read.

Journal Entry 7 by VeganMedusa at Rotary Book Sale in Invercargill, Southland New Zealand on Tuesday, May 1, 2018